Sunday, March 8, 2015

My Simple Woman's Daybook-March 9th Edition

FOR TODAY
March 9, 2015


Outside my window...
 
Outside my window it is dark and clear with shining bright stars. I write my daybook the night before usually. The past two days in Kansas have been beautiful. Light winds with mild temperatures in the upper 60's. Love it!




I am thinking...

 
 
I am thinking if this weather continues I might have to think about outside things that are needing done.

 
I am thankful...

 
 
I am thankful Paige and Justin were able to come for a short visit this weekend. I am sad that Paige left her make-up. I will mail it to her tomorrow. Her mother doesn't want me to but I think I will anyway. Is that wrong?

In the kitchen...
 
 
Monday...Chicken and Vegetable pasta medley
Tuesday...French Toast with eggs
Wednesday...Kids eat at church
Thursday...Hamburger Penne Pasta
Friday...Beans and cornbread
Saturday...Chicken enchiladas
Sunday...Sweet and sour chicken with rice
 
I am cleaning out the freezer and there seems to be a bit of chicken to use!
 

I am wearing...
 
I am wearing my black yoga pants and a light blue tee shirts with black socks. Although it is warm enough in the house I could be in shorts.

I am creating...
 
I haven't been creative lately. I just created my weekly menu. And now I am creating this post for my blog.

I am going...
 
I am going to start my grocery list so I can restock after this week. It's time for what Harley calls a "big shop."

I am wondering...
 
I am wondering what I will soon be pondering. LOL! Just a bit of humor here.

I am reading...
 
I am reading Executive Privilege by Phillip Margolin. It was a freebie from Barnes and Noble. It is a political thriller and so far I am really liking it.

I am hoping...
 
I am hoping Justin will enjoy his trip to Virginia Beach this week. Even though it is a work conference he deserves to have a week away. But we will miss him!

I am looking forward to...
 
I am looking forward to the kids spring break at the end of the month. I have some chores lined up that we should all enjoy doing together. LOL! Well, I'll enjoy having them help me.

I am learning...
 
I am learning that it is much harder to help the kids with homework than it was when my own kids were in high school. Hard to believe things have changed that much in how they are being taught. It is all about computers now!!

Around the house...
 
I am not giving up on the 14 week organizing challenge. But I am really far behind. But you know what? I am not going to let that bother me. I'll just move ahead at my own speed and follow her plans. Who says I have to be done in 14 weeks. I have the rest of my life. Right?

I am pondering...
 
I am pondering my A to Z Challenge. I have my theme ready. And now I am starting to write my posts. Will you do the A to Z Challenge?

A favorite quote for today...
 
 
I am woman, hear me roar!

One of my favorite things...
 
One of my favorite things is to have days where the weather is warm enough to open the windows and air out the house. Wonderful!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
 
A typical week here. Scouts on Monday, tutoring on Tuesday and Thursday, church for the kids on Wednesday, a possible date night for Darian on Friday and we'll see about the weekend....sounds like lots of taxi-driving for granny this week.
 
 

A peek into my day... This is an old postcard I found that shows main street of my hometown. I'm thinking maybe in the 1940's. I can't tell the age of cars that well. They look old though!
 
 
Hope your week is a good one. Go over to The Simple Woman's Blog for other daybook entries. Add your own maybe!

 


______________________________

24 comments:

  1. That is a cool postcard, Paula! The cool thing about the organizing is, so what if it takes longer than 14 weeks, at least it will be done when you finish with it :) I would have mailed back the makeup myself too. Glad to hear you had a few days of nice weather too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will package it up and mail it to her. If her mom gets upset with me...oh well! A teen girl without her make-up can be a mess.

      Delete
  2. It's good to know spring is near. We earned it this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look forward to spring Joanne!

      Delete
  3. Is that a movie theater in the old postcard? We didn't have one. My home town was too small. Your main street looks longer than mine was. It is hard for me to help my granddaughter with her homework, too. I could, but she wants outside help. Oh well. My mother would probably have mailed makeup if my daughter had left any and for sure if my granddaughter had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a movie theater on Main Street. Yep, I have the make-up packaged but I need to find a different tape. The one I have isn't sticking!

      Delete
  4. I didn't realize it was already time for the A-Z challenge. I will have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy does that quote do well for me! Love it, it actually made me sit up straight while typing! LOL.
    The days gone by postcard just sets me back too. I have many pics of my family from the 40's and it just takes me into their lives. I can stare at those things for a long time just wondering what life was...

    ReplyDelete
  6. that photo reminds me of the town where my Aunt and Great Grandma lived! The shops - the pull in parking. It was downtown Hillsboro, Ohio....

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of cool little towns in America, aren't there?

      Delete
  7. First, I got a good chuckle out of the John Grisham quote, up there at the top of your blog:) Love the old postcard. I love looking at 'then and now' kinds of pictures. We have a book of the town we live in, and it's fun to see the way things used to be. What is the A to Z challenge? It's sounds kinda familiar. Enjoy your week, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The A to Z Challenge is a writing challenge that takes place in April. Click on the link in my right sidebar.It is fun!

      Delete
  8. Thank you Paula. It's a pleasure to meet you. Thanks for visiting me at Harvest Lane Cottage.
    I think that's a good estimate on those cars, but I bet my husband would know for sure.
    What a cool thing to find!
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! Good to have you visit

      Delete
  9. I think it would be so sweet of you to mail it back, make up is pretty important when you are a teen. Mind you, it is also good for them to know that they are beautiful just as they are, it is what is in the heart that makes one beautiful. ( But a little lipstick helps you just to feel that you have that extra little glow about you!) Our spring break ( well, I home school, but public school break) is next week. It is to snowy and cold to open the windows and bash the carpets and so around. Please send some of your weather our way! And you know what? You clean and organize at your own pace, I think then you do a better, less rushed job, and if you are decluttering, it can help you take the time you need to really figure out what you want to keep, vs just setting it aside to get back to later again. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have told her she is beautiful without the makeup but you know how that goes. And I have found that the fact that I've returned to reading again just gets into the way of decluttering!!

      Delete
  10. Love the quote!! I am far behind on the challenge as well.... I will get it done in my time! French toast sounds yummy!!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harley is really looking forward to the French toast.

      Delete
  11. I forgot about those long homework nights when my kids were young. It's hard work! Not sure I could do it now as a grandmother. Kudos to you Paula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. It is hard work. And a job I am no longer very qualified for, I'm afraid

      Delete
  12. 'Glad to hear you're leaning towards mailing Paige's make-up back. Ellie said it so well, didn't she? From every photo I've seen, Paige hasn't been over-doing anything.
    So glad those Spring temps you've been craving finally arrived! I was doing my best to huff and puff our hot air your direction, but I fear ours is here to stay. Funny, you're opening windows and I'm looking for black-out drapes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes it is funny how we all crave different types of weather. I would trade places with you in a heartbeat! Not sure you would really like the craziness of Kansas

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!