Monday, March 23, 2015

My Simple Woman's Daybook-March 23rd Edition

For Today...
 
March 23, 2015


Outside my window...
 
Outside my window it is spring! Yea! It is 65* The winds are mild. The sky is partly cloudy with bits of sun shining through. I love me some spring weather!


I am thinking...
 
I am thinking about a special visitor I might be getting in the month of May! If Wendy and Frank can come to visit it will be so exciting!!
 
 
 


I am thankful...
 
Today I am thankful for these two strong grandchildren who helped me outside.


I am wearing...
 
Today I am wearing my shorts and a big pink tee shirt....suitable for working outside!


I am creating...
 
I am creating dinner at the moment. Along with this awesome post for My Simple Woman Daybook entry.


I am going...
 
I am going to work for a bit on my weekly menu so that I can share it with you.


I am wondering...
 
I am wondering if we will get everything done this week that I had planned. I might have over-planed. And of course we have to stop periodically and watch a movie or go for ice cream!


I am reading...
 
I am reading Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz!
 


I am hoping...
 
I am hoping we make a pretty good dent outside in all those good backyard activities!
 
 


I am learning...
 
I am learning how to put on a smiling face! I don't always feel like it but it does help. And the kids help too. Sometimes they are so funny!


In my garden...
a cut pampas
 
Today we cut back all of the pampas grass and raked the leaves from all around. Wow! We didn't do it last year and it was a big job this year!
pile of brush
 

 








In my kitchen...
 
 
 
Tuesday...Chicken Stuffing Casserole
 
Wednesday...Church for kids
 
Thursday...Tacos
 
Friday...Spaghetti with garlic bread
 
Saturday...Reuben Sandwiches
 
Sunday...Green Bean Soup

 
 


 


A favorite quote for today...

 


A peek into my day:
magnolia
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

My neighbor's tree!

 


One of my favorite things...

I love this time of year for the flowering trees.


From the board room...
 
From My Pinterest Board Easter.
You can find this at Hometalk. Everything can be found at the Dollar Store. And isn't it just too stinkin' cute?


 




****************************

Now let's head over to The Simple Woman's Blog and find out what everyone is up to this week.



 



22 comments:

  1. Glad the weather was nice for you to get some work done today outside and to enjoy wearing shorts!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful day, Betty. But I ache all over. Might have pushed myself a bit. Tomorrow I need to be more of a supervisor

      Delete
  2. Love that quote! Just may have to practice that philosophy on on my boss tomorrow. LOL!
    Now, I'm likely the least creative person in the western hemisphere, but I think that Easter arrangement looks do-able --and for little money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Let me know how that works out with your boss. I am not terribly creative either. That is why I love Pinterest.

      Delete
  3. Hi Paula .. sounds like you are keeping an even keel and moving forward - well done .. and I'm sure the pampas grass needs to be kept under control. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pampas grass is our next challenge. And all the oak leaves tangled in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how ours was....lots and lots of oak leaves. And maple. And elm.....and.

      Delete
  5. You sound happy in this post!! So good to read!!! The flowering tree picture is so pretty! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi. I feel better when the weather starts to warm up

      Delete
  6. I'm saving my $$ and praying that Frank heals quickly from his surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just the idea that is exciting. I will completely understand if we need to postpone it. I want for Frank to heal as well.

      Delete
  7. I loved the Odd Thomas books, I think I have one more in the series to finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a little trouble getting into the first one. But I'll hang in there

      Delete
  8. Oh that magnolia is BEAUTIFUL!! And I cannot wait to see the pampas grass, my husband loves that, and we haven't tried growing it yet. Your quote is really great, sometimes it is really fun to annoy people ( isn't that mean?) by being positive and goofy. It sure sounds like spring has sprung in your corner of the world! I hope you enjoy the break off with the kids this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. I get to stand in my reading room and see it everyday. It is too bad they don't stay in bloom long. So far we have been working hard for the spring break!

      Delete
  9. Shorts! Eek! But yea for you that the weather is warmer than here. The container you showed from Pinterest is cute! Ir reminds me of some itty bitty flower vases I have that slip onto tapered candles and hold water and little blossoms. I might have to get them out for Easter. Is ther time for fun in the spring break schedule, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shorts today as we dropped back into the 40's. Yes, we have some fun scheduled for the break. Harley is going on a sleepover tonight and Darian will join his future=Marine buddies tomorrow. Fun, Fun! Peace and quiet for grandma

      Delete
  10. Those Magnolias are really beautiful and glad you got out finally to enjoy the nice weather brought to you. Your meal planning is making me feel hungry now too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish the tree was mine! I am glad I get to see it everyday. Today is raining buckets!

      Delete
  11. Nice photos of your neighbor's tree, so pretty. While you greeted spring, I glared at winter; I woke to 4-5 inches of new snow today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jennifer I am so sorry for the snow. We have dropped back into the 40's and having rain and thunderstorms here this late afternoon and evening. Yes, the tree is awesome. I imagine that when I see it tomorrow at lot of the flowers will be on the ground from the rain.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!