Monday, March 2, 2015

March Goals


I cannot believe that it is already the third month of the year. Time does not stand still. It just marches forward one day after the other. These days it seems to be running. Time to make my goals for March.

I am continuing to base these goals on the categories I chose in January that will hopefully help me to CHANGE  the way I live my life. To Change the way I see my life. And to change the way my life affects me. I am only a simple, human woman. I don't see myself as being anything more than who I am. So here goes:

1. Attitude: This is one of my hardest goals. I am not a "half-full cup girl." So it takes effort every single moment of every single day to have a better attitude. On Ash Wednesday the kids talked of what they were giving up for Lent. This is something they do every year in their youth group at church. This year I joined them. I promised them I would give up negativity! Believe me this will be a challenge for me.

2. Home: I am continuing with A Bowl Full of Lemons 14 Week Organizing Challenge. Sadly, I am pretty behind. But you know what? I am just going to keep going. This month we are working on the dining room, the linen closet, the hall closet, the kids' closets, the master closet, and the launch pad. Go over to her website and check things out. Never too late to start.

3. Health: Oh not one of my favorite goals. I am still working on 'little' walks. And with all of the cold weather I have been horrible in keeping up with it. So I am going to re-commit to trying to walk for 5 minutes a day three times a week. And build as I can!

4. Spiritual Growth: I will continue with my daily Bible reading.(I haven't missed a day yet) And I plan to add some more verse memorizations to this as well.

5. Budget: The month of March will include getting the taxes done and taking care of personal property and tags. I also will continue to try to decide about my nursing license. Items we need to work into the budget. (and yippee! We made it under $800. at the grocery store in February)!

Tell me: Do you make goals for yourself? And how do you handle it when you just don't make any of your goals? Do you quit? Or do you just keep plugging away?

8 comments:

  1. What a great thing to give up for Lent! Do you have a staircase in your house Paula? When it is too cold to go outside stair climbing is a great alternative, just start out slowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No stairs here! We are all on one level.....

      Delete
  2. Good for you Paula with the under $800 at the grocery store!! A definite good benefit for a goal made!! The rest you are doing great on, it just is hard to get motivated to do anything outside if it is cold out there.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darian said it is probably only because February has only 28 days LOL

      Delete
  3. I'm a cynic... a pessimist... by nature. Well, when it comes to me.
    Whenever I think about others, I find myself picturing joy for them. I imagine them successful, happy. I talk to people about life changing every day, and how some of it will be good. I'm liquid sunshine... when others are involved. Why I'm not optimistic for myself, I don't know.

    I set goals for myself, sometimes. They begin small so I'm not overwhelmed. And yes, even small, I still fumble them. I don't give them up easily, however, because minimal progress is still progress. I earn it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I am Jennifer. This will be a challenge for me that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. I don't do to many goals. At least, I don't write them out. Maybe I should. But goals tend to make me feel overwhelmed because there is just so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be like that too. And then I decided these are my goals and if I don't make them then who is going to care more than me. So I gave up stressing about it. I can always do it next month, or next week, or tomorrow, or NEVER

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!