Thursday, March 26, 2015

Friday Letters



Friday, Friday, Friday! Time to write some letters.

Dear Spring Break: You flew right by. Just as I knew that you would. But we got the pampas cut, some leaves and limbs hauled away (much to do yet) watched 6 or so movies and enjoyed both the warm weather and the brief rain storms. Thank You Spring Break! See you again next year.

Dear Hairs all over my face: I know this is just something that happens as I age but can you slow down just a bit. Seems like all I do is groom my brows, pluck the chin hairs and shave the mustache. TMI! Sorry just part of my life here.

Dear Wendy and Frank: I hope you get to come in April or May. Or June or July. Or September or October. I just hope someday you get to fly to my little hometown and we get to sit and gossip and share a meal and a cocktail or two. Can't wait to meet you in person!!

Dear Moles and Gofers: Enough! Already too many mounds and tunnels in my yard. Enough! I don't have the best grass (or maybe there isn't any grass at all) but I don't like hills of dirt or walking on that very soft ground that you are creating with all of your tunnels and runs out back. Go to the neighbor's yard for a spell, won't you?

Dear Darian and Harley: Thanks for helping me this week. I think you might have gotten more poking each other, throwing things at each other, and name calling done than actually raking and loading. But you seemed to enjoy yourselves and we were all outside together. Now I'm ready for you to go back to school! Love you guys heaps!

Dear Life: Why do you have to be so hard? I know that we all have adversities. But really! Just quit being so hard. Okay?

Go ahead and write your letters and I will pay you a visit to see how your week has been!

20 comments:

  1. It is amazing how fast the weeks can go! Good that you accomplished some things during spring break though! I hope you get to meet up with a fellow blogger! Always fun to do; in fact come Saturday I'll be meeting up with someone I met blogging back when I was in Montana close to 10 years ago. We've seen each other a few times over the years, but now live 2 hours apart :) Life is hard, no doubt about it. Someone once told me to enjoy the good times and to weather the bad times because they would be there (the good and the bad) all the days of our lives.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe that Betty. I think it is the good times that will get us through the bad times. But sometimes the bad times are just so bad!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Paula - good notes to the troops all .. moles, gofers, hairs, friends, kids and life .. enjoy your peaceful week ahead .. and at least you achieved some things .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary! I am glad that I accomplished some things. Wish it had been more, but you know how that goes!

      Delete
  3. I love these little notes....and am proud to be included in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! I am happy to include you

      Delete
  4. Our spring break is ending, too, and not so profitably regarding the pampas grass. It's snowing this morning, as it must, and the yard is back on hold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather can ruin so many plans. It is so fickle. Today it is only 35* here so we won't be working outside. They are promising a return to the 70's tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. So I'm sitting at my desk (when I should be working) with this big smile on my face - imagining Darian and Harley's antics. Dang, but I wish I'd had a sibling to torture!
    Isn't the body human so full of irony. While you're dealing with those tiny hairs, I'm drawing on eyebrows every morning and covering bald patches in the back of my head. LOL.

    This week's been awfully unremarkable ... hope to join you in Friday's letters next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No siblings?? I grew up with 3 brothers and a sister. Never dull. Too bad we aren't really all that close now! Time has its way of changing things. I laughed about the hairs! Too bad I can't share LOL

      Delete
  6. Hi Paula good notes this week. Hope the moles and gophers stop building tunnels in your yard. Life is hard but everyday is a fresh new start. Hope you have a great weekend. My letters are up. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Paula - how well I know the saga of plucking and shaving and grooming! I actually have it set up to make sure I do it every Wednesday! That way I know that it is done at least once a week - LOL!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the whole hair thing. It is very frustrating! I don't want to become the incredible bearded lady! UGHHHH!!! I am so glad you had a nice spring break, that seemed to just fly by. We had a mole in our house this summer, talk about taking a wrong turn. They really are quite frustrating creatures! I am still waiting to get into my garden. In fact, I am still waiting to SEE the garden through the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. LOL...we all share the same problem don't we?

      Delete
  10. Hope you had a great week with the kids off school. Moles and gophers? There's a whole 'nuther world down there, isn't there! And I'm sorry for the times when life is hard . . . but please, please let me know if you get a response from that letter, would you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a pretty good week Gram. I will let you know if Life responds to my letter!! LOL!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!