Thursday, March 19, 2015

Friday Letters-March 20th Edition

 
 
 
Dear Friday: Just 1/2 day of school today and then a full week of spring break. Let the weather be nice! We have plans!!
 
 
 
Wikipedia
Dear Red-Headed Woodpecker: Welcome back to the feeder. It was wonderful to see your gorgeous red head. I love watching you peck at the suet and then hide it away in the crevices of the tree for later. I hope that you will visit often. And bring your friends: the Downys and the Hairys. So much fun to see you all gather in the tree.
 
 
Dear Squirrels: I don't know how many are in your family. But this morning there were 6-8 of you in the backyard. You were trying so hard to get into the newly filled bird feeders. It was fun to see you jump onto the pole, only to slide all the way to the bottom again. And I love watching you chase each other around the yard, up the tree, down the tree and around the yard again. But, please, just try to eat the corn I throw out for you and leave the birdseed alone. Okay?
 
 
Dear Soft and Gentle Rain: The past two days of grey skies and softly falling rain (more like mist) allowed me to stay inside and read. I like that. But, even though we need the moisture, I hope you don't hang around all next week. The kids are only out of school for one week. We have big spring clean-up plans. Then you can come back and gently fall again for a week. I love you soft and gentle spring rain!
 
 
 
 
As you can see I am happy about spring. I love the promise of blue skies and bright sun and warmer weather. Who are you writing your Friday Letters to this week?
 
 
 


22 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you have a wonderful Spring break. I Love that woodpecker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katy! I hope that we will as well. If the weather doesn't cooperate then we will find other fun things to do!!

      Delete
  2. I know they can be destructive, but I adore the squirrels! The crew in your yard sounds like a bunch of pre-schoolers on speed . They're excited about Spring, as well.
    Isn't it great fun to make plans?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the squirrels too! People ask me what I am doing to try to get rid of them. I am always horrified. Why would I ever want to get rid of them. They give me many a delightful afternoon watching their antics.

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty bird to come to feed at your place! Too cute with the squirrels!! I do hope the weather is very pleasant and it is a wonderful spring break for you all!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty. My backyard 'wildlife' brings me much enjoyment

      Delete
  4. It is still only in the 40's here but warm enough to get out and clean the chicken coop. Hope your week is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is 53* here right now. Supposed to have upper 70's for the next 4 days anyway!

      Delete
  5. I love all the wood peckers at the feeders, too. No red heads, but we have downy and hairy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have quite a few of all those kinds. But I have never seen a pileated woodpecker in my neck of the woods.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I hope you and the kids enjoy spring break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that we do as well! Thanks Gram

      Delete
  7. It's in the 50s here and 60s tomorrow. I love the woodpecker.so awsome. My dear fridays are was looking for the link up. Hope you have a great day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't put the link-up on this week. I hope you still wrote your Letters! I'll come over and see you

      Delete
  8. My bigger redheaded woodpeckers are back to. They look so beautiful - especially when the sun is shining on them and making them sparkle! I love the little woodpeckers also! Squirrels - oh my! I feed them all the time and they still want more and more! But they are such a riot to watch. Some days I have 10 or more of them out there! We had 70 degree weather the other day - today we got snow!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully we haven't gotten any more snow. I hope that we are done for the year. Yes, I love the squirrels too.

      Delete
  9. Keeping my fingers crossed for a lovely spring break week! (A nice gentle rain sounds quite delightful right now! We've only had snow. . . for so long . . .)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kym! I hope your snow leaves soon and only nice warm sunshine stays

      Delete
  10. I hope you have a great spring break and the weather stays nice! The squirrels here are snowed in and we bought a huge bag of corn to feed the deer, but they have not been around either. Have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We occasionally have a deer in our yard here too. We are very nearly in town!

      Delete
  11. I hope the sunshine decides to spend a week with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. It's here today anyway!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!