Thursday, March 12, 2015

Friday Letters-March 13th Ediion

 
 
Hello Friday Letters friends. Another Friday is here already. I welcome you and urge you to sign the link-up below.
 
 
Dear Father Time: Egads almighty! You are marching forward and I can't get you to slow down. At this rate I will soon be really old. My mother warned me about wishing my life away. I wish now I had listened. There I go 'wishing' again!
 
 
Dear Darian: I am very proud of your ASVAB score. I already knew you were really smart however. Now I just have a year to prepare myself for calling you a Marine Recruit. You have chosen an honorable path. It will be hard. But it will be honorable.
 
Dear Springtime: I am loving how you found your way to Kansas. Now I just hope that you will stick around until summer. Temperatures in the upper 60's and low 70's have made my heart soar. Sitting outside with the sun shining on my face does much to boost my spirits. Please make yourself at home.
 
Dear Idiots Who Shot the Cops in Ferguson: This is not how you get us to believe in your cause. Not when you shoot a police officer just because you can. You only make me continue to believe that you are just a bunch of thugs. Cut it out! What would you do if all the cops walked off the force and left Ferguson without any police protection?
 
Dear Hilary: They are just trying to shake you up and hope you won't run for President. And it's because they haven't come up with a good candidate yet. Lots of people all over the nation use their own private emails for their work emails. Keep staring them down.
 
Dear Friday the 13th:Once again, I'm not afraid.
 
 
 
Won't you share your Friday Letters with us:
 



16 comments:

  1. Good for Darian choosing with a military path. I think lots of wisdom in that! I know what you mean about wishing life away; I tell young moms not to do that with their kids, goes by so fast! Glad to hear those pleasant temps! Finally!!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the military will be good for him. It is not what I would chose for him. But I support it!

      Delete
  2. Agree, agree, agree, agree, agree, agree. Especially on the Hillary one. I was not a fan of her husband towards the end of his term, but I am a huge fan of Hillary. She has what it takes to do the job. There is no doubt she considers this current political speed bump no bigger than a fly on the wall. She has been through worst.

    God, I hate politics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Bill Clinton. What happened to him in the White House should have just been between him and his wife. That did not make him a bad president. I support Hillary!

      Delete
  3. I may not have liked Bill as a husband at the end of his term but he was a wonderful president in my humble opinion. Everyone was doing so well financially, our country was not drowning in debt and this garbage in Ferguson would not be happening during his watch.....he was extremely pro police.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always said we didn't vote for him to be a husband. I think what he did for our country was great. I support Hillary!

      Delete
  4. You are right on it with Ferguson and Hill. Just so many people not willing to try anymore out there. At least you have beautiful weather to zen out in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not every police officer is racist. You can't really even be certain the officers killed would have shot an unarmed young man of color. Violence begets violence. Though, rarely violence cannot be met nearly any other way, this isn't the time. But there is something out of hand with the unarmed shootings. We had one in Wisconsin recently. So, clearly, something needs doing.

    I like the Clintons. I haven't been happy with ANY political party lately.

    Yay for spring! And your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure the race issue will continue. Both sides have much to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not in the U.S., but I have always liked Hilary! Congratulations to Darian! That is great news! Yes, he will have a hard path, but very honourable indeed! The Ferguson shootings, that was just awful, there have been so many police shootings and violence towards police officers in Canada, especially the past year. It is sad. Spring, sigh.....you are very lucky. If this weather keeps up here, they can do a live action version of Frozen in Nova Scotia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure the race issue will continue. Both sides have much to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Marine? Honorable path indeed! The year might go to quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that it doesn't! I should stop to savor every moment of him becoming a man before my eyes. He will always be my boy!

      Delete
  10. Darian must be super committed! I know next-to-nothing about the U.S. Armed Forces, but have always heard Marines (and their boot camp) is the toughest. Perhaps half the battle is mental; and from what you've said, he's ready. Scary, but at the same time, I'm guessing you're pretty proud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very proud! But ii don't think he has a clue how hard it will be

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!