Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Executive Privilege

This is an overview by Barnes and Noble:



"When private detective Dana Cutler is hired by an attorney with powerful political connections, the assignment seems simple enough: follow a pretty college student named Charlotte Walsh and report on where she goes and whom she sees. But then the unexpected happens. One night, Cutler follows Walsh to a secret meeting with Christopher Farrington, the president of the United States. The following morning, Walsh's dead body shows up and Cutler has to run for her life." In Oregon, Brad Miller, a junior associate in a huge law firm is working on the appeal of a convicted serial killer. Clarence Little, now on death row, claims he was framed for the murder of a teenager who, at the time of her death, worked for the then governor, Christopher Farrington. Suddenly, a small-time private eye and a fledgling lawyer find themselves in possession of evidence that suggests that someone in the White House is a murderer. Their only problem? Staying alive long enough to prove it.


As I have told you before I am always surprised when I like a book that I downloaded free from Barnes and Noble. I get a lot of my Nook books free. Some of them are good and some leave a lot to be desired. This is one of the good ones.

It is a political thriller of sorts. It is a murder mystery. It involves the President of the United States who is sleeping with teenage girls and then they are dying.

The book took me just a bit to get into and then I was off and running. It had numerous main characters and I think they were well developed. I loved the plot. And the ending was not predictable. Probably why I liked it! Now I am off to read Me Before You by JoJo Moynes. It's been on my 'to be read' list for awhile.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Paula .. sounds like the kind of book I'd enjoy ... and I'm glad you were able to get it free ... now enjoy "Me Before You" .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it! So far I am liking Me Before you!

      Delete
  2. Interesting book and plot!! You are right, some free books do leave much to be desired! Glad you found one that proved different! Will have to look for this one too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. There are so many books aren't there! I would have to read 16 hours a day to get in all the ones I want to read

      Delete
  4. I have that e-Book downloaded. Sad (or happy) thing is that I tend to gravitate toward knitting when I get a free moment. I applaud you big time, though! I could not read for a LONG time after Officer Friendly died. I couldn't concentrate long enough to make any headway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think reading is the one thing that I CAN do since Richard died. It takes me away from the grieving for awhile. But often, while reading, I am reminded of him so much as well.....

      Delete
  5. Sounds like an interesting read.
    Do you know how many times I've watched a politician's wife stand steadfastly beside him while he admitted to kin and country that he was "weak"? I'd often thought, behind at least one too-strained smile, there would be a woman who cracked.
    *Not a spoiler, a thought.*

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!