Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Time Periods of Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday: Carol has asked us to list Ten Time Periods I would Want to Visit if I had a Hot Tub Time Machine:


1. The 1800's in a covered wagon coming to the middle of America. But not for very long because I love the conveniences I have in my current life.


2. 1910-1920...My dad was born in 1910 and I would love to have been there with him when he was a boy. To see what his life was life. And to question what went wrong.


3. 1920's....I would have made a wonderful flapper girl. And I could have seen my mom's early years too.


4. 1912...I would want to be on the Titanic as it set sail. What a wonderful experience that would have been. I would have wanted to be a survivor. Such a story to share with the granchildren.


5. Early 1959...rewritten the story of my dad's death.


6. All of the 1960's....to relive my teen years. To have more fun. To study harder. To live on my own. To put marriage off much longer. To be a flower child!


7. The early 1970's...to relive the births of my boys. To hold them closer. Hug them tigher. Not hurry them to grow up. And never let them go.


8. Summer of 1977...when I first met Richard and knew he would change my life forever. I would hold him tighter, kiss him longer, and cherish all of our moments together.


9. Spring of 1983...when I graduated nursing school. When there was still a fire in my belly and a desire to save all of mankind. Before I became jaded and pessimistic about healthcare.


10. 2025...Paige and Harley will be 25 and Darian will be 27. I want just the briefest glimpse of what they become. How their lives turn out. Then zoom me right back to today, February, 24, 2015.


Where would you go and what would you like to live through?



14 comments:

  1. You did great thinking this through, Paula! I like how you also included the future, wondering how the grands will make out, especially since you have a significant hand in raising two of them :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I raised their dad too! I don't pat myself on the back too much. But thank you Betty

      Delete
  2. I'm uncertain how far I'd go into the past, not too many periods welcome the disabled easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I never thought of going into the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to go. But I want to come right back. The future only means I am getting older and older :)

      Delete
  4. Your list is so thoughtful, Paula! One thing I know for sure . . . wherever my Hot Tub Time Machine takes me, I'll want to hurry right back to NOW. Because I am a sucker for modern convenience. (And you would have made an AWESOME flapper!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that was a heavy assignment today. You did a great job with your choices....I am not sure what I would choose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thoughtful post! #2 particularly tugs at my heartstrings. Ditto your #6 - particularly the music! (Except I was always too much of a square to make a good flower child.)
    Off the top of my head? I think I'd have enjoyed being a teen-young adult in post WWII. From what I've heard, everyone seemed to possess such a sense of optimism and patriotism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was square and boring in the 1960's too. But if I got to go back in my Hot Tub I would be a wild child....maybe for a bit

      Delete
  7. What a totally cool question that is!! I love your answers ( and am extremely glad you want to be a survivor on the Titanic!). I would love to have experienced the 1950's. And when my kids were born, that was pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. I was born in 1951 so I saw a bit of the 50's but through the eyes of a pretty young child.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!