Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Ten on Tuesday Loves

Ten on Tuesday....last week it was all about guilty pleasures and this week it's about love. Ten things I love:

1. I love all my family. ALL of them. Both sons, my grandkids, my brotherS, my sister, cousins and all! They are and always will be my first loves!

2. I love to read. I have been into reading since I learned to read. Now that I have more time on my hands I am getting back into not wanting to do anything but read.


One of my orchids in full bloom
3. I love flowers and plants and all things that grow. I have plants inside (some of them have been growing for 25+ years). I am looking forward to spring and starting some outside gardening.

4. I love the beach. I fell in love with beaches many, many years ago. I don't know why I live in land-locked Kansas. I would rather live right near the beach. But Kansas
Trunk Bay
is where my family is. So all vacations (virtual or real) will take place at the beach. My favorite beach of all time is Trunk Bay on St. John in the Virgin Islands. 



Taken in May 2014 in my backyard
4. I love sunshine and blue skies. That is why I love summer. Sunshine and blue skies can cure anything that ails me.

5. I love a clean house. I don't like to clean house but I love it when it's clean.

6. I love my Nook Color. Almost the best Christmas present I ever received. I don't have to go to the bookstore to browse. I just open up my Nook and get my pick of any book I want to read. Many are free.

7. I love ALL my blogging friends. I love to read their blogs. I love for them to read my blogs. Many have been coming since I started blogging. And they have all lifted me and supported me when times were hard. They have my back! I love you all<3.

8. I love the quiet in the house after a busy weekend. The time when I wake up on Monday morning. The kids have left for school. The TV is off. I savor the silence.

9. I love my favorite TV shows. The Good Wife. How To Get Away with Murder. NCIS. And my newest favorite on HGTV: Ellen Degeneres Design Challenge. I also discovered Kids Baking Championship with Duff Goldman and Valeri Bertinelli. Fun! Fun! Fun!

10. I love food! And this, for my body, is unfortunate. But it is what it is. I love good food and food that is good but bad for me. I love sweet and I love savory. Mostly I love savory. I love snacking. I love meals. I love to eat! Don't judge me for it!

24 comments:

  1. I love a clean house too - especially when somebody else cleans it! Food is one of my loves, much to my dismay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that I had someone else clean my house. Maybe someday! Right now I am happy I have the grandkids here to help me.

      Delete
  2. Your orchid and photo of Trunk Bay are absolutely gorgeous, and I'm right there with you on the love of food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Trunk Bay. Did you do the underwater snorkeling trail there? Such beautiful fish! I remember seeing a mongoose run across the beach...not so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I have never done any snorkeling or diving. Maybe some snorkeling in my future!

      Delete
  4. I've done a list of 10 things I love before so I took a different route this week. Your list is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of loves. I too love to eat. There is always such a good feeling to finish house cleaning and then hope it stays clean for a little bit.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would even be a better feeling if I weren't the one who had to clean it! LOL

      Delete
  6. Oh how I love your blog and love the way you write!! What kind of orchid is that? It is gorgeous, and so is that beach. I like to pretend the beach down the road is a tropical beach, it sure looks like it, but once you dip your toes in, the icy cold water of the North Atlantic soon brings you back to reality ( and that is in August!) Yep, I love a clean house too ( while eating good food) but I am not a fan of cleaning it. I keep hoping elves or fairies will come in and do the cleaning for me at night, but so far, no luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cattleya hybrid type orchid. Beautiful when it blooms. I also have three phalaenopsis orchids. One of them was my mom's from when she was in the nursing home. She died in 2005 and I have managed to keep it alive along with mine. I also have an African violet that she had in the nursing home 4 years longer than the orchid. I have a cymbidium orchid that has only bloomed once. But I refuse to give up on it. I know it will bloom again.

      Delete
  7. Oh, the beach! Love so much. . . Your list is wonderful, Paula. Full of all the things that make life so grand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kym. These are the things that make my life grand.

      Delete
  8. Ditto #10, for certain! (Now we must part ways at #'s 3 and 4 -- but you sound just like my sweet DIL!)
    In all seriousness, I really enjoyed reading this.
    I once read that most people have no problem listing all the things they dislike - but struggle to identify things they love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may very well be true. I don't know what I would do without my love for flowers. What kept me going when Richard was becoming sicker with Parkinson's was pulling weeds and sitting on the warm ground knowing that as he worked in the garden with me we were connected.

      Delete
  9. Wow! 25 years on an indoor plant and still alive! You need an award for that one! Mine seem to wither away. I guess the automatic sprinkler is better for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a ficus tree. It flourishes in the spring and summer and loses a whole lot of leaves in the winter but still alive after more than 25 years in this house!

      Delete
  10. Trunk Bay is beautiful - I will be learning more as I'm figuring out a 2016 vacation. I envy your green thumb - Nit a plant in this house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love Trunk Bay. Would love to go again someday. It is beautiful. I don't know how I am able to keep the plants alive...I am pretty neglectful.

      Delete
  11. We share in some of our favorite tv shows! I haven't seen Ellen's new show though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun! And the furniture is really awesome. I can't imagine being that creative.

      Delete
  12. We love many of the same things. I am so glad that we came to know each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad as well, Wendy. I look forward to that day when we will get to meet in person.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!