Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ten on Tuesday and Looking Forward

Ten on Tuesday: Ten things I am looking forward to right now!

1. I am looking forward to getting all the laundry done for today. Now that I have that "want" out of the way, we will get on to the fun things I am looking forward to.

2.I am looking forward to meeting Darian's tutor when she comes over this afternoon. 

3.I am looking forward to enjoying the 3 dozen tulips that I bought yesterday at the store. They were only $1.99 a dozen
and they make a beautiful centerpiece on the table. Who cares if they are Valentine's Day leftovers? Not me!

4.I am looking forward to seeing Shrek, our local community theater production. Two of my 'adopted' grandchildren are in the play. It will be a fun Sunday afternoon.

5.I am looking forward to reading To Kill a Mockingbird for an hour or so this afternoon.

6.I am looking forward to seeing Justin and Paige this weekend. They didn't come this past weekend. We missed them.

7.I am looking forward to continuing with my 5 minute walks. And maybe soon increasing the time. But the weather has to warm up first.

8.I am looking forward to warmer weather. And spring. And being outside. And seeing the brown grass turn green. And hearing the drone of lawnmowers in the neighborhood. And digging into the sun-warmed earth. Oh, my heart desires warmer weather.

9.I am looking forward to filling the bird feeders and watching them all come back. The blue-jays, the Cardinals, the woodpeckers, the Finches, the robins. Even the turkeys and the starlings are welcome. I love to see my backyard filled with birds. Soon I will even think about hanging the jelly-feeders for the Orioles and the nectar feeders for the hummingbird. Soon it will be time.

10.I am looking forward to finishing my memory verses: Psalms 27 1-14. It has been good for my brain to work on memory verses. And I have felt him lift and strengthen me as I studied his word. 

Now I am going over to Carol Knits and see what all the others are looking forward to! Won't you join us? 

28 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day ahead of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your looking forwards that you shared here. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for you so you can enjoy more walking and birds coming to visit, along with things starting to bloom again :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my hope. I am looking forward, that's what matters

      Delete
  3. It's 2 pm here and must be later where you are. Enjoy your evening. I love to read that you are knitting and reading and enjoying grand kids and your tulips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is only 4:51 here right now. I will enjoy my evening I am sure. However I am not into knitting. But I like reading about it!

      Delete
  4. looking forward is a fun way to warm up! and those tulips put a smile on my face, too! (I visited the store yesterday, hoping for leftover flowers and found...nothing). Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang. That is too bad they didn't have any flowers at your store. I was shocked how many they had at my store. And I had to force myself to only buy 3 bundles.

      Delete
  5. The tulips are a real day-brightener! They're pretty! Even a short walk is a good walk, isn't it? Hope you got the laundry done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get the laundry done. All folded and put away except for Harley's. She was at a basketball game so will have to do hers tomorrow!

      Delete
  6. Oh tulips, I just love them!!!! And what a great deal you got too! The other day, I was outside for a brief moment to take the dog out, and I was sure I heard a lawnmower. I think the cold air froze my eardrums. I don't know what it was, but I just closed my eyes and imagined it was a lawnmower, lol! Have fun at Shrek, that will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Shrek will be fun. And I love the tulips too! They have really brightened up my day

      Delete
  7. Your tulips are really gorgeous, and I think their price makes them even more enjoyable. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Bonny. Who could resist them at that price?

      Delete
  8. What beautiful flowers, fresh flowers are such a treat and always brighten up the house on long winter days. I don't know why I never think to buy them but then in this area we can't get them for that fantastic price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty awesome price for us too!

      Delete
  9. I love the tulips--they are such a breath of fresh air! I should scout around here for some. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Kwiz! I love tulips. Usually I like the yellow ones best. I like to put them with the red ones. But alas these were Valentines leftovers

      Delete
  10. I'm looking forward the most to spring, and the tulip bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tulip bed is in bad need of more bulbs. I should look into that in the fall.

      Delete
  11. Those tulips have me pining for spring, although we kind of have the beginnings of spring already. The Northwest is experiencing what the farmers call a Pineapple Express. It's sunny, warm and in the 50s right now! Had coffee on the patio today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of a pineapple express! And to sit with coffee on the patio sounds like a dream

      Delete
  12. Those tulips are so lovely! That's pretty smart to wait 'til the day after Valentine's to indulge.
    Is that a photo of Richard in the back ... with a little white dog?
    (Forgive, I had my annual eye exam this eve ... and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure what I'm seeing!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise I won't laugh (too loud). Yes, that is a picture of Richard and he is holding Paige on his lap. She is only a month or so old. We were showing how alike their hair-dos were. It is actually a puzzle that he put together and we glued it. Very special memory for him. And now for me!! I should take a picture of it so that you can see it better

      Delete
  13. What a great list! Looking FORWARD is really the only way to keep moving sometimes. (Those are lovely tulips! What a wonderful bargain.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like those tulips took the prize today huh? ;-) They are beautiful. I hope your day was all that you'd been looking forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tulips were my prize for the day anyway!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!