Monday, February 9, 2015

My Simple Woman's Daybook-February 9th Edition

FOR TODAY...

February 9, 2015

Outside my window...

In the mid-day light of this day it almost seems foggy outside. The weatherman says it is low hanging clouds. The temperature is 38* and we have a humidity of 93%. After such a beautiful sunny day with 74* yesterday this is such a shock. 

I am thinking...

I am thinking that I must suffer from SAD:Seasonal Affective Disorder. I am much happier and have much more energy in the months where we have more sunshine. 

I am thankful...

I am thankful for the day I had yesterday with 3 of my grandchildren. Even though today I feel the pain. We played baseball in the backyard. Well, we used a plastic bat and ball. And I used a pinch runner sometimes. But it was fun. And we got in a good work-out. 

In the kitchen...

Monday..Leftovers from the weekend
Tuesday..Sweet and Sour Chicken with rice
Wednesday...Church for kids
Thursday...Hot dogs at the Wrestling Duel
Friday...Tacos before the Basketball game
Saturday...Cube Steaks and mashed potatoes
Sunday...Chili

I am wearing...

I am wearing yoga shorts and a tee shirt. No socks today. It is too warm in the house. 

I am creating...

I am creating my weekly menu. This is going to be a busy week. With several evenings away from home. So we will probably use some of our budget money for take-out food. Eeek! I hate to do that, but it does make life easier. 

I am going...

I am going to attend Darian's last home wrestling match on Thursday and Harley's next to last home basketball game on Friday. We are coming to the close of winter sports season. 

I am wondering...

I am wondering if either will play a spring sport. I haven't heard either of them say they wanted to. I think after the winter sports they want a break. And Darian is talking about a job. 

I am reading...

I am reading Blown Away by Shane Gericke. It was a Friday Freebie from Barnes and Noble. So far not a bad read. But after finishing Broken I haven't dug down to read deep yet. 

I am hoping...

I am hoping to get all of the bedding washed this week. That is a big job to completely strip all the beds. 

I am looking forward to...

I am looking forward to sleeping in a full cleaned bed...from mattress cover all the way to comforter. And with a flipped mattress.

I am learning...

I am learning that tears and crying just come at night. Don't fight it! Go with it. It's okay. I miss him.

Around the house...

This week on the 14 week Challenge we are doing out living rooms. This room will be easy for me. It really doesn't have that much clutter. And we just dusted and vacuumed on Saturday. Well, Darian and Harley did. I supervised. 

I am pondering...

I am pondering those lower kitchen cabinets. I haven't finished yet. But I will. And more will go to the Goodwill store. 

A favorite quote for today...


This quote supports my "Word" for 2015: Change. There must be some great changes coming here because there is a lot of chaos!

One of my favorite things...

One of my favorite things is the little snowflake picture frame that sits right here on my desk. The picture is of Richard at 3 months old. He was such a fat, happy baby. It makes me smile. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Plans for this week include Scouts, church, wrestling and basketball. 

A peek into my day...

I don't have a picture to show you a peek into my day. But imagine a big, plush green recliner. A cup from Disney World filled with hot French vanilla coffee. My nook open in my lap and me just chilling after our busy weekend....There is your picture!


I am joining Peggy at The Simple Woman's Blog. Come on and join us. You know you want to. And it's fun to document in your journal. 

26 comments:

  1. My living room doesn't need much decluttering either. I am going to try and tackle cleaning the furniture (microfiber), just afraid that I may ruin it, so wish me luck! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your furniture. I would think the microfiber will not be too bad to clean

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your day book entry today. It's overcast here right now and I expect rain at any minute. I too would enjoy settling down in a recliner and reading. I have just the coffee mug from Disney World to do it too! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I did....and took a little nap

      Delete
  3. It does sound like a comfy place that you can read at, Paula, and your coffee sounds delicious! If Darian goes the route of a job, hope he finds something! Will be great experience for him!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi paula,
    I enjoyed your day book.
    Thank you for stopping by.
    XXOO
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so much fun to read this too. A glimpse into another woman's day, her thoughts, chores, dreams, and memories. It sound like you are keeping busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy enough, Inger. Good to see you. How is the husband getting along?

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a busy week, hope it's a wonderful one! I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita. It will be a fairly busy one here

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you're having a lovely week :). I really need to do better at planning a menu--it saves time and money (but too often I put it off). Your organizational challenge sounds like fun! It's so satisfying to be organized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started meal planning when budgeting was so necessary. It really does help me

      Delete
  8. Color me 'green' (like your recliner?) ... I'm so envious of the picture you've painted with the French Vanilla coffee and a Nook in your lap!
    I've got to share this quote image with my son! One of the most laid-back fellas you could imagine -- no matter the storm -- he's all the time advising me, to "embrace the Chaos."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be that laid back?

      Delete
  9. So glad you have a plush recliner in which to relax and read. WInter sports seem long, don't they? They do to me, I think because of the driving in the dark. I hope you sleep well on your fresh and flipped bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this year the sports seem to never end. I am ready for a break

      Delete
  10. I loved the peek into your day! Let's hear it for those big plush recliners and a nook! Have a great week!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can imagine a plush green recliner with a book and a hot beverage. Sounds very relaxing. My husband had had SAD and I bought him a sun lamp. I don't know if it helped him or if it was knowing I loved him enough to buy him the lamp, but he used it read his newspaper on gloomy winter days. I am in the same boat as you are with meals away from home because of sports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a friend who was diagnoses with SAD and she used the light box. She thought it helped her. I know that on days when the sun is pouring into my house (like today) I want to get more done . On those grey days I just want to sit!

      Delete
  12. I am behind on getting around to my favourite blogs! How are you? Just when I was looking for yoga pants, now you mention yoga shorts too! Man, I need to get with it! I am pretty certain I have SAD, long drawn out winters tend to do my head in. It isn't even long and drawn out yet! The greyness of everything, and feeling so lethargic, yuck. Isn't it nice getting all the bedding washed? Oh how I love that, though man is it a chore. And making the top bunk on bunk beds should be considered and Olympic sport. I know you miss Richard so much, it is so hard. I think it is much harder at night when there is more time to think and even more time to miss him. Though you will miss him every minute, night time seems to be a very lonely time. So I am sending you big hugs your way. I hope this week is a great one and you get some sunshine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ellie! It is knowing there are friends like you that I will get through these days. I don't have bunk beds to make. But I have found that it just is so much easier if I hand them the bedding and let them go make their own bed. Being the second time around for me, I have learned to lighten up and not be such a perfectionist

      Delete
  13. Cube steaks and mashed potatoes are a family favorite! I love them. I love your quote and it is so very, very true!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!