Monday, February 2, 2015

My Simple Woman's Daybook-February 2nd Edition

FOR TODAY

February 2, 2015

Outside my window...

As usual, I am writing this around midnight. It is pretty cold here and we had wispy, blowing snow all day. But it was really too cold to turn into anything more than flurries. Clear sky tonight and down around 20* Good Bye beautiful January weather. It was nice while it lasted. 

I am thinking...

I am thinking of ways to get myself motivated to get moving and get more done. I will probably have to start with getting off the couch earlier in the day.

I am thankful...

I am thankful I have all that I have. 

In the kitchen...

Monday...Hot Dogs and French Fries
(Monday's Darian is home for 10 minutes before he heads for Scouts. His dinner needs to be portable...what's better than a hot dog)
Tuesday...Ham and cheese sandwiches, chips
(packed and ready for a home basketball game)
Wednesday...Happy Birthday Harley
(church night, we'll celebrate Saturday)
Thursday...Sweet/Sour chicken with rice
Friday...Chili
Saturday...Chicken Cordon Blue Birthday Cake
Sunday...Tacos, re-fried beans, nachos

I am wearing...

Nothing new here...yoga pants, tee shirt, socks

I am creating...

I am creating a plan to get me moving. I'll let you know how it goes. 

I am going...

I am going to watch Harley play basketball on Tuesday. Possibly for the last time this season.

I am wondering...

I am wondering how many people watched the Super Bowl tonight. We didn't really watch. We kept flipping back and forth to Shark Tank. I am happy that the Patriots won however. Just because I thought the whole "deflategate" was just poor sportsmanship. 

I am reading...

I am currently reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.

I am hoping...

I am hoping, I am really, really hoping I can make some big decisions this week.

I am looking forward to...

Spring, oh my beautiful spring. I am looking for you. 

I am learning...

I am learning that you just have to keep finding ways to motivate kids. When one thing doesn't work I have to try another. So much harder than it was with my own kids. Maybe because I was occupied with things of my own.

Around the house...

This week it is about organizing the office. However, I am still working on the kitchen and the laundry room. If I get hit with a huge burst of energy maybe I'll get it all done. Time will tell.

I am pondering...

I am pondering whether to renew my nursing license. I have no plans to work again. But what if there should be a reason that I have to. I know the fee isn't a fortune, but it is a lot of money to me. To decide will take some pondering. 

A favorite quote for today...





One of my favorite things...

I love, love Oatmeal Raisin cookies. Who wouldn't?

A few plans for the rest of the week:
1) trip to the bank to notorize guardianship papers.
2) Basketball game
3) cleaning and organizing
4) celebrating Harley's 15th birthday

A peek into my day...





Not the best picture. He didn't get home until late from his wrestling tournament (he took 3rd place) and the light in this room sucks for night time pictures. But here he is: Happy 17th!

Join at The Simple Woman's Blog.

20 comments:

  1. Mmmm oatmeal raisin cookies! I may have to add stuff to my grocery list so I can make some this week! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were store bought cookies but they still tasted pretty good

      Delete
  2. Congrats to Darian for taking third at wrestling! Yummy looking cake! How fun now with Harley's birthday this week :) I honestly find it hard to be motivated when cold; so hopefully in spring might come some more motivation for you :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that is my problem Betty. Just need some warm weather. I am sure lazy! Yes, Harley's birthday too!

      Delete
  3. I was going to make oatmeal raisin cookies today but got sidetracked and went sledding through the backyard with Devin. Now it is storming and I need to get the laundry done in case the power goes out. That is great that Darian did so well in wrestling! Sorry your wintry weather has returned, ours seems to be just getting started now ( when I am looking forward to it starting to wane!) I find it super hard to get motivated, especially when I am anxious and just want to turn into a turtle and hide. I have forced myself to get outside for a walk, and today I did a one mile walk video, it is by Leslie Sansone, and it was really good! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sledding sounds like fun. I will look into the video you mentioned.

      Delete
  4. Stopping by to see how your week is going - I decided to do the Simple Woman's Daybook every other week because - in retirement - most of my days/weeks look about the same and my posts were feeling repetitive!! Enjoyed reading your; Happy Birthday to the Birthday "Boy"!! I wrote about celebrating a 2nd b'day this weekend!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in retirement myself, but with two grandkids here it changes things up a bit.

      Delete
  5. I have to renew my teaching certificate for a whopping $100. Geeze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW...maybe I shouldn't be complaining. For nurses it is only $60

      Delete
  6. Praying for you big decisions this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Harley. When they were younger did you just have one joint party or did they always get their own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to do joint parties. Now they hate that. So we do it when Uncle Justin and Paige can be here. This time it worked out to have a party each Saturday.

      Delete
  8. Funny, but I was wondering if a return to nursing (in some shape or form) isn't in your future. One of our DIL's is an RN in the neuro unit downtown. Thank God for y'all, but that's something I don't think I could handle (emotionally).

    Yes, I watched the Super Bowl and was happy the Patriot's won. Not that I'm all that crazy for either team, but my dad was from Massachusetts, so there you go.

    Our temps are supposed to be 80-degrees by Friday. Too, too soon!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't decide Myra if I want to go back into anything 'nursing'. I am still reeling from 3 years of giving care to Richard. I really just want to be retired. If you know what I mean! It was emotionally exhausting with Richard and I don't know if I can give that to a stranger at this moment.

      Delete
  9. How are you liking Unbroken? I remember listening to Mr. Zamperini on Harvest ministries live feed a couple of years back I think. What an interesting life this man led. Looks like my husband is making chili tonight for dinner. Renewing your nursing license is definitely a personal decision. My Mom didn't have the money to renew it, but that was a blessing since she has brain damage that affects her memory and comprehension. She shouldn't be working at it with those problems. She was very depressed about it. Her doctor reminded her that she will always be a nurse, with or without the license. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know if I was going to like Unbroken at first. But then I got to the middle part where they are down in the ocean and I can't put it down. That is kind of what I am feeling about my nursing license. I don't know if I even want to work anymore as a nurse. And with or without a license I am still a nurse

      Delete
  10. I have been wondering whether to renew my nursing license as well. I'm officially retired and the last thing I want to do is go back to work - I was a bit burned out with nursing. I'd also have to get all my CEUs as well. I enjoyed reading your day book responses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need to do my CEU's as well. I renew in April. When do you renew??

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!