Thursday, February 26, 2015

Friday Letters-February 27th Edition

 
 
 
I'd love to have you join me for Friday Letters. You may copy and use my postcard if you would like. And sign the link-up too!
 
 
Dear Heather (from Fidelity): Thank you for finally helping me today with my 1099. It was my third call. And for the third time one of those sweet, young girls told me that my 1099's were already mailed. I have been waiting since January 15, 2015 (after the first call) and still do not have the 1099's. Thank you for listening and FINALLY getting what I was trying to say!! And to think they will be delivered tomorrow is more than I could have hoped for.
 
Dear Spam: The kind you eat. Not the kind that fills up my e-mail folder. I know that many people do NOT like you. But this sandwich with mayo and sliced cheese is really, really hitting the spot. And with my ice cold glass of Peach Tea...oh to die for!
 
Dear Turkey Hill Peach Tea: I know that you have no idea why my eyes filled with tears as I lifted the glass to my lips. And why, at the first taste, I started to cry. It is because you were Richard's favorite drink. And this was the first quart I have purchased since he died. It's not you, peach tea, just the memories. You taste just as wonderful as you always did. 
 
Dear Grocery Store Sack Boy: Imagine my surprise when I was putting away the groceries to find those strawberries, cucumbers, and fresh asparagus! No, I didn't buy them. No, they weren't on my shopping receipt. And I'll bet the person who did buy them was surprised to not get home with them. But thank you grocery store for allowing me to keep them. I would have brought them back. I don't know when. But it was nice of you to tell me to just keep them! We will enjoy fresh fruit and vegetables this week. And that is always why I check to see if I got all of my bags before I leave the store. 
 
 
I hope all of you have a good weekend ahead of you. We have snow and ice moving into the area again. For the third weekend in a row. Stay warm and stay safe. And link up your letters below.
 
 
 
 
 
 



16 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing another food memory with us today. When I was a kid we used to eat fried spam sandwiches on Wonder bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother eats it fried. I like it best right out of the can the first time. Cold from the fridge is okay too...but first opened is my favorite

      Delete
  2. That was nice with the store, considering it was their error. I wonder if who paid for them went back to the store. I too am fanatical about making sure I have all my bags (especially since we shop at Wal-Mart and I'm not crazy with their system of the bags on that little round thing that turns). Glad you will get your 1099 from Fidelity. Honestly, never had Spam, but your description of your sandwich makes me want to try it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the people who paid for them went back to the store and were reimbursed. Yipee my 1099's came from UPS just now. Now I can start working on the taxes.

      Delete
  3. Never was a fan of the Spam (either kind), but I think beverages that come with special memories are really something! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula ... three weekends in a row of ice and snow - gosh I'm glad it hasn't reached us here. I quite enjoy spam occasionally (not the letter kind though) ... while getting that extra fresh stuff is good - also grand you could keep it. I hope the 1099 comes through .. sounds very irritating ... take care and enjoy the weekend regardless of the weather! Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this will be our last weekend of this. I just got the 1099 from UPS so I am a happy camper

      Delete
  5. You know, I didn't ever expect to have a tear in my eye reading a portion of a letter to a tea company. I love the simple beauty of your Friday Letters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I haven't had Spam in ages! Here it is called Kam, or Kilk, or Spam, it is all pretty much the same. I like it! I am so glad Fidelity has seen the light and are helping you out now, so you can get all this done! Very awesome you got a bonus at the grocery store too! That was nice of the store to let you keep it. I really hope you don't get any ice or snow, but be careful! Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been forever since I've eaten Spam! My dad used to fry it in an iron skillet ... either that, or something called Scrapple. (At the time, I was probably more interested in getting to open the tin with that cute little key!)

    That's a pretty neat act of goodwill from your local supermarket. Little things sure mean a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness they don't use that key anymore!!

      Delete
    2. Thank goodness they don't use that key anymore!!

      Delete
  8. I tried to reply but it didn't take.... hmmm... weird. I read this and thought of you: http://www.rageagainsttheminivan.com/2015/02/what-i-want-you-to-know-about-loving_20.html

    Been a little MIA from blogging but think of you and Richard a lot. :) Want you to know that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April. That was a tear-jerker. I can't imagine how hard it would be to spend the first five years of your married life loving a dying man. I want to go back and explore her blog some more. Thanks for checking in on me. I miss you!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!