Thursday, February 19, 2015

Friday Letters-February 20th Edition


I'd love to have you join me for Friday Letters. You may copy and use my postcard if you like. And sign the link-up too. Or just write your letters and tell me in the comments so I can come and read yours.


Dear Dentist office receptionist: I did not make an appointment for the kids to have their teeth cleaned on Wednesday. I don't know why you have them on your appointment book. Don't yell at me because we didn't show up. I keep very nice records of ALL my appointments and I did not "simply forget". And you should try being nicer to your clients or I can find another dentist. There are plenty in town. Thank you kindly!

Dear JV Basketball coach: Thank you so much for talking with Harley on the bus ride home on Monday (she was the only player to ride the bus home). You have lifted her spirits and given her more hope for becoming a valuable player than she has gotten all season from the head BB coach. It is coaches like you who will make a 'real' difference in a young person's life. You ROCK!


Dear gorgeous and oh so cheap tulips: You are only getting more beautiful as the week goes along. I am so happy to have you here this week bringing me so much happiness. 



Dear Myra: My beautiful and wonderful blogging friend. This picture is for you. 



Richard and Paige...she was just a couple months old and we were showcasing their matching 'hair-dos'. You can see that it is a puzzle. He got the puzzle for Christmas and put it together, then we glued it. A very special gift for him and now I cherish it. One day I will pass it on to Paige. Thanks, Myra, for asking about it this week.

Dear Mother Nature: What would Friday be without a letter to you? No, No, No, please don't bring us ice tomorrow. Anything but ice. Please! Pretty, pretty please! I don't drive on ice. I don't like ice that ruins my trees. And ice on the electric wires scares me to death. As in no electricity means no heat! So, please, we won't be offended if you skip this visit.


Won't you join me with your Friday Letters and link them all below?





22 comments:

  1. The coach who spoke to Harley does sound amazing. Sometimes, a little time out of our day can do so much for someone else, but most forget that or think they don't have time.

    And yes, your flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish more of our high school coaches and teachers knew how much a little praise and attention goes to these teens. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Hi Paula ... what a great idea - and I love the thoughts - so pleased to read about Hayley's coach - while yes the tulips are magnificent ... I have daffodils at the moment - the early simple yellow ones ...

    I hope you have a peaceful and happy weekend as we slowly move towards Spring - or perhaps you're under that snow and freezing storm ... take care - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love daffodils as well Hilary. It is good to see you out and about!

      Delete
  3. I bet the dentist put them on the book for a regular cleaning and didn't mention it to you last time you took them,nor ask if it was ok or send you that stupid post card reminder. Oh and coaches/teachers occasionally there are a few good ones glad Harley found one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they just automatically put us down for a 6 month cleaning then they should be ashamed of themselves and not try to make me feel bad for missing an appointment I didn't even know about.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet picture of Richard and Paige! I like the idea of the puzzle and then gluing it to make a permanent picture. I know when you give it to Paige, she will treasure it! Totally agree about the dentist. The fault was with them and they shouldn't have taken it out on you. They could have a policy where they call the day in advance to confirm appointments for them to prevent mistakes like this on their part. Koda's vet always did that. Such pretty flowers indeed! Do be careful if it is icy tomorrow. Never liked walking or driving on ice. Sweet what Harley's coach did to take the time to talk with her.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a sweet picture! I hate walking and driving on ice too

      Delete
  5. It sounds like Harley's basketball coach may have made up for the receptionist in terms of human kindness. Your tulips are really beautiful; hopefully their loveliness will help ward off the ice! We're not supposed to get our ice and wintry mix until Sunday so I may have to get some tulips of my own and see if it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Bonny. It sure doesn't look like we are going to miss the ice

      Delete
  6. The tulips have done well. The colors are so vivid! Three cheers for the coach! The puzzle photo is a great gift idea that became a keepsake. I'm with you on the ice issue. It was snowing this morning and there was plenty on the roads making the commute v-e-r-y s-l-o-w. And the basketball run after tonight's away game will be even worse. Take care if the ice cometh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really, really floppy today! You be careful too Gram!

      Delete
  7. I'm still getting reminders to come in for a cleaning - from a dentist I haven't gone to in at least 10 years! You would think they would catch on by now! I adore tulips!!! Just love them! And yours are so pretty and cheerful!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After 10 years of you not showing up you would think! What is the matter with people

      Delete
  8. Thank God for great coaches and photographs of loved ones that bring back happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad Harley has such a good coach! That makes such a huge difference! Those tulips are beautiful, even better than when you first got them. I really, really hope you don't have to deal with an ice storm, oh they are just so awful. As for dentists, I get tired of mine calling me over and over to continually remind me of my appointments, and then insisting I call them to confirm, if they need to leave me a message. It drives me crazy!!! Have a good ( ice free!) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting rain now. Pray it doesn't freeze over night

      Delete
  10. This image of Richard and baby Paige is precious ... a real Mutual Admiration Society moment, no?
    No wonder it occupies such a prominent spot in your home! Thank you for featuring this, Paula.

    PS - Applauding that JV coach's unselfish attitude. I hope he reads your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt that they read my blog. But I did send him an email thanking him. And tonight they won their game by 19 points. So yippee!

      Delete
  11. Some of these dentists really have taken a step beyond these days. Mine calls and chews me out. Needless to say, I have left that dentist and gone to another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if it is a regular practice to make appointments for people without telling them, then they must really re-think that practice.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!