Tuesday, January 6, 2015

There Was an Old Woman

This is what Barnes and Nobel had to say:


There Was An Old Woman by Hallie Ephron is a compelling novel of psychological suspense in which a young woman becomes entangled in a terrifying web of deception and madness involving an elderly neighbor.
When Evie Ferrante learns that her mother has been hospitalized, she finds her mother's house in chaos. Sorting through her mother's belongings, Evie discovers objects that don't quite belong there, and begins to raise questions.
Evie renews a friendship with Mina, an elderly neighbor who might know more about her mother's recent activities, but Mina is having her own set of problems: Her nephew Brian is trying to persuade her to move to a senior care community. As Evie investigates her mother's actions, a darker story of deception and madness involving Mina emerges.

I enjoyed reading this book but it wasn't one that I will probably remember for a long time. It didn't call to me to sit down and read. I will try some of her other books that I have heard about.







6 comments:

  1. I started this and then got a library book notification so picked that book up instead. I think I have too many books going at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is hard to read a book and be thinking about the others that you would rather be reading....

      Delete
  2. It does seem like it could be an intriguing plot if written well. Thanks for the review :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that I didn't like it, it's just that it didn't call out to me to keep reading...

      Delete
  3. I will not put it on my tbr list then.....too many books and so little time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!