Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Ten on Tuesday

It is fun to join Carol and the gang writing posts about "Ten" on Tuesday. This week the prompt is  TEN TYPES OF FOOTWEAR YOU OWN.  I was just going to take a pass (because I'm not a shoe person) but here goes with my paltry offering.

My Types of Footwear

1. First and foremost comes my Crocs. I have been wearing Crocs for a number of years. I have 4 pair of Crocs. My favorite pair is the Retro Clog pictured here. There is always a pair of my old Crocs sitting by the front door for anyone to slip on and run outside. We call them the 'family crocs'. I wear Crocs year-round. With socks in the winter; without in the summer.


2. If it gets really, really cold and there is snow on the ground then I will toss the Crocs and put on my boots. They aren't a real Ugg boot but they are just as UGGLY. LOL! And, once again, others in the family have been known to wear them if needed.

3. And the last pair of shoes I own are a pair of boat shoes I can put on with slacks if I am going somewhere my Crocs are really just inappropriate. (Although I can't think anywhere that would be). These aren't exactly like mine but they are close enough. 

That's it! A shoe-hound I am not. Years ago I told myself (after ankle reconstruction and bunion surgery) that I would NEVER again wear a pair of high heels. And I haven't. How women can walk around in those things is a mystery to me. I am tall (5'10") so I don't need the height. And they are just too stinking uncomfortable, in my opinion. I quit wearing sneakers too. I have a hammertoe and I like lots of room in the toe area. Hence, Crocs. Harley tells me I can't possibly be a "real" woman because I don't own enough shoes and I hate to go shoe shopping. I'll leave that up to her. She owns plenty!! 

Take yourself over to Carol Knits to join the link-up. And visit some of the others to see what kind of shoes our friends are wearing.  





14 comments:

  1. I'm short 4'11" and hate high heels and only wear them when I must LOL! I have boots x 10. Comfy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! We are each ends of the height spectrum, aren't we. I pictured you in mostly boots, Katy!

      Delete
  2. My feet have all sorts of problems, too. That's why I'm a Keen fan. Fortunately I have no reason to wear anything other than comfy shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately for me as well. I am going to check out the Keen brand

      Delete
  3. Since I must pay an extra hundred dollars to have a lift added to one shoe I tend toward very gaudy sneakers and wear them until the disintegrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. My granddaughter is always bagging on me about my shoes

      Delete
  4. I don't get how people can wear high heels either. I would trip and kill myself if I did. No grace at all, especially when wearing them. Those days are long gone. I'm not one for shoes either. Just a few pairs of sneakers and a pair of slippers and I'm good to go.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just don't fit that mold of shoe-loving women do we Betty?

      Delete
  5. High heels and I just do not get along. My hubby is just a tad bit taller than me, and wearing heels, I tower over him. When we got married, I wore ballet slippers! I wear Birkenstocks all the time, and second favourite are my Chuck Taylor high tops. I have a few pairs of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how it was with Richard and me. But he never minded if I wore heels. He loved me in heels! I just hated wearing them. And yes, I still own a pair of Birkenstock sandals. I just never wear sandals much anymore.

      Delete
  6. Boy, nothing makes me feel older than not wearing heels every day. Oh, there's a pair in my closet right now that's not seen the light of day. Frankly, I'm afraid I'll turn an ankle from the parking lot to my office and wind up in the E.R.

    I've never worn a pair of crocks ... they just don't look comfortable. But from what you write, that's not the case?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have flat feet, Myra and these shoes are so comfortable. To me anyway! I do know people who don't like them. And they banned them at the hospital and the nursing home where I worked because they said they weren't safe to wear due to possibility of slipping in water.

      Delete
  7. Crocs are so practical and comfortable! We always have a pair or two gathered up by the back door -- ready for . . . whoever! (I'm a barefoot-person, so really like to be able to have something quick to step into when necessary.)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!