Thursday, January 8, 2015

Support Our Men and Women Police Officers

January 9th is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day! As you all know, my son, Justin is a deputy sheriff. I support him and ALL law enforcement and I think that our nation should do the same. Yep, that's right...you too President Obama!

So in honor of my son and all law enforcement officers I have turned on the BLUE porch lights. By putting on your blue porch lights you are showing your support of our nations peacekeepers. 



Let all of us show our support. You can go to Project Blue Light to learn more about it. Or you can click here to read about National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.

Or Tell a cop you know thank you. Thank you Justin, Trina, Wendy, Frank, David, Rick and all the others that are protecting us right now.

10 comments:

  1. I had heard about the blue light porch support for law enforcement, Paula. I think it is a great way to let our law enforcement know we support them. I might not always agree with some of their tactics on things (and this is relative to issues with my son, not events that happened in our country), I do support them and appreciate that they are willing to put themselves in harm's way to protect people, for that I am grateful.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty. They are not all perfect (none of us are) but for the most part they are here for us!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. No, Thank you Wendy! For all the times you put your life on the line for us!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the reminder, Paula! Police officers are my heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had not heard this before but I am going out to get a blue light this weekend. My brother in law is a retired cop. I know how hard this is on them and their families. And when there is a problem, those are the folks who show up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Elaine! Show us your picture when you turn on your BLUE light

      Delete
  5. I echo what Snow just said.
    I think - hope! - you know how strongly I feel about supporting our peace officers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra. Our police officers are very important

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!