Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Spiritual Life

I believe in God! I am a Christian. But I am not good at practicing religion. I want to be spiritual. I have many questions and concerns when it comes to organized religion. So for the purpose of writing in my blog I am going to talk about becoming more spiritual. And I am going to do that in a manner in which I am most comfortable. Which will be to pray and to read the Bible. Maybe or maybe not attend church. Right now that is not my goal. My goal is to change my spiritual life. It is one of my 2015 Goals.



In pursuing my plans to study my spiritual life I am going to learn about getting quiet. 

1. Simply find a place to sit quiet.

2. Say a prayer and ask that God help me open my mind to Him.

3. Read my daily scripture readings slowly.

4. Meditate on what I have read. 

5. Write what I discover in my Spiritual Journal.

6. Pray again.

This is important to me. I know that many who read my blog are not "all that into Christianity" and that is okay! This is not a place where I am going to try to convince anyone to believe what I believe. This is something I am doing for myself. And this is where I want to document my journey. Please be respectful in your comments. 


14 comments:

  1. That is a great goal, Paula, for working on your spiritual life. God does promise if we seek him, he will be found so I am sure he will help open your mind to him.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you Betty...you are the bestest

      Delete
  2. Hi Paula. A worthy goal. I found bible study with a ladies group helpful, preferably non-denonimational. There is one in my community (not all attend the same church). But God will meet with you where ever you choose :) I think recording your spiritual journey is a terrific idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. Nice to have you visit

      Delete
  3. Hi Paula. I've been gone for awhile. I relate strongly to your comments about spirituality as they mirror my own exactly. I was raised in a traditional Christian religion ... Not naming names ... But drifted away from that. I didn't drift away from a spiritual life, however. . .. I found what stuck was not all the pageantry but the my personal conversations with God, my appreciation of his creations in nature and looking for His sparke in other people.

    Yours is one of the first blog posts I have returned to reading since the death of my mom. I see that spark in you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you my friend. I have missed you. I am so happy to have you back again

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your time with the Lord each day...May his peace surround you. One of the things about going to church on Sunday is it is something you and the kids can do together and it then gives way to great discussions about what the readings/sermons said to each of you. I think God uses this time to have his word relate differently to all who hear it depending on their need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably so right! I will have to see how life goes. You always lift me up Wendy

      Delete
  5. Sounds like an awesome plan. God isn't about religion anyways. He is about our heart first and foremost right? I think you are right on track. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you are right Jessica...about the religion part. I think that is what others want us to believe.

      Delete
  6. I think being still and finding inner peace are a beautiful goal. Having faith on your side is an incredible feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kwiz! It is hard to be quiet when so much goes on around us.

      Delete
  7. I think yours is a wonderful road-map!
    I, too, consider myself 'spiritual' in spite of having turned my back on the church in which I was raised. (So much piety and politics.) Fortunately, a number of years ago I happened upon a church whose minister told her congregation something to the effect of -- "I don't care where or what you worship ... go where YOUR soul is fed." Isn't that neat?

    My take-away from your post is a focus on being still and pausing to absorb. Seriously, wonderful goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra. That is what I am after. Focus on being quiet and taking in what I can.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!