Sunday, January 4, 2015

Home

What kind of things would you like to change in your home to make it better for you and for your family? Are you drowning in clutter? Too much crap crammed into closets and drawers. Boxes and boxes of memories that will most likely never see the light of day again? Yep, this is my house. To the occasional visitor it looks like I have a clean house. But hiding behind closed doors, in boxes, in closets, under beds, I have a ton of clutter. And I have a goal for 2015 to just get rid of the crap and live sparsely and less stressed out. It is a proven fact that too much clutter will stress you out! So my big goal for 2015 is to CHANGE MY HOME. I have signed up to join A Bowl Full of Lemons
Home organization challenge. It starts on January 4 and will last for 14 weeks. 




So during the month of January I will follow this schedule and work on My kitchen, the laundry room, pantry, and Master bedroom. I will see where this will take me.

Do you have a plan to follow this year on getting more organized?




10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thought I'd done an admirable job purging last Fall ... then, while getting ready for company I discovered more stuff jammed this way-n-that in closets and crevices. How embarrassing!
    The only Plan I've in mind right now is identifying what can be e-Bay'd, what needs sent to Goodwill and what needs kicked to the curb. Bet-cha can guess what pile will grow the highest - lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping this will help me start to purge a lot of crap from my house.....

      Delete
  2. Good luck Paula....organization is not my strong suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine either Wendy. That is why I am joining this challenge

      Delete
  3. That is a great challenge over the 14 weeks. We decluttered a lot with the move, but now am thinking ahead and may be getting a storage unit for some stuff here, sadly I am married to a packrat, I would have gotten rid of more but he was not on board about it. It will be a blog post down the road.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be anxious to read it too! I was married to a pack-rat too...and now I have to deal with all of his crap :)

      Delete
  4. Good for you! I'm on a "creating space" kick myself! I've just started reading "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" . . . which has a far-different approach to organizing. I'm going to see if I can bring a little magic into my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now all I have to do is crank up the energy level and get my butt in there and get busy!!

      Delete
  5. My hubby is worse than I when it comes to keeping stuff, but I sense he may be getting better. I tackled my closet the other day, it was a mess, now it is gorgeous and I am so happy! Will tackle bathroom and kitchen next. What a great idea to join that site, I will check it out. Hope this will be a happy and healthy new year for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard was bad in keeping junk too. I haven't found the energy yet to start going through all the things he kept! It is good to see you Inger. I have missed you

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!