Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Letter January 30th Edition

I'd love to have you join me for Friday Letters. You may copy and use my postcard if you like. And sign the link-up too. Or just write your letters and tell me in the comments so I can come and read yours.


Dear Darian:

I think you made the right decision. You didn't take the easy way out and switch to General English. You are staying with Honors English and Promise to buckle down. Both Mr. Knapp and me have faith in you.

Dear Basketball Coach:

All it really takes is a simple email to the parents to let us know you are changing practice times. You don't have any trouble sending us all an email when you want help with food for the team. Respect us enough to let us know when our kids will be getting out of practice. That's all!

Dear Mother Nature:

What can I say? You have been so nice to us here in Kansas this week. A little town not far away was all the way up to 80*. But I understand it is winter. 40* will be okay for now.

Dear Darian:

Oh my goodness. You are turning 17! I cannot believe it. And I cannot believe that you are talking to an Army recruiter! Even though you are almost 6 feet tall, you will always be my favorite grandson (alright you are the only biological grandson) and my little blonde haired boy. You will always be the one whose chubby little arms could take away my heartache when you wrapped them around my neck and whispered in my ear, "I love you granny." You can still do that! I love you Darian. I love the man you are becoming.

Dear School District:

Yes the bond issue passed. Not because I voted for it. Nor will my (live-in) grandkids benefit from the $10 million dollar Sports additions. Now, can we quit? My taxes can't take much more. We just built a new school and remodeled 3 others. Try to be happy with what you have for now.


22 comments:

  1. Happy birthday wishes to Darian! Sounds like he's on the right track! :-) (And Those Coaches . . . ) (I don't miss those days.) Happy Friday, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great about Darian sticking it out with Honors English! I'm sure he will do great. A career in the military, or at least a few years in there, is a good thing too! I'm sure whatever choice he makes for his future will be a good one! You are right, a simple email could have been sent for the change in practice. Its not like they don't have the emails on file. I was terrible but after the kids got out of school, I rarely voted for a school bond or tax. I think it is important to get a good education, I admire teachers for the work they do, but when layoffs come they never usually start with administrators or at the top, but with teachers. So that kind of soured me with bonds, new taxes, etc. I know, terrible attitude. I might have to see if I have enough to do a Friday Letters this week.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Betty. I will be looking forward to you joining

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your week with us and Yay to Darian for sticking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your letters! Happy Birthday to Darian and congratulations to him on sticking with Honors English; I bet he's up to the challenge! I do wish school districts would learn that spending more money isn't always the answer, especially when it comes to 10 million for sports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonny. I totally agress. $10 million for sports is ridiculous. But I was out-voted

      Delete
  5. Yay Darian for sticking it out with honors English!! and happy birthday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your Friday letters via Kym. What a great idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a way to delete something. I put a link that doesn't work and now I can't figure out how to get it off your page! I went ahead and got the right link up tho - LOL!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Darian, and good for you for sticking it out and working hard! That is great! Isn't it interesting how when someone, or a group needs your help to do something, they have no problems letting you know over and over, yet when they change something important that affects you, you are the last to know. Like you can just drop everything to rearrange your schedule to fit it all in. That is frustrating. It doesn't take much to give someone the heads up that there is going to be a time change. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I hope you have a super weekend too!

      Delete
  9. That's pretty neat that Darian is in Honors English!!! I'm (obviously!) no genius, but it bothers me to no end to see how many people are out there, butchering their language skills(?) ... and no-one seems to give a hoot.

    Unlike Darian, my own son only turned to the U.S. Army when he had no place else to turn ... and in retrospect, he said that was one of the best experiences of his life.
    Wow ... I'd no idea he was so tall! If it comes to that, won't he strike a handsome figure in his dress uniform?

    Happy birthday, young man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has really had a hard time with the Honors class. He had the chance to change to the regular English class (which I wanted him to do) but the teacher talked him into staying in the Honors class. I will keep my fingers crossed that he is successful. Darian has been wanting to be part of the military for a long time now. He just can't decide which branch. So far, the Army is giving him a lot of attention

      Delete
  10. Its great to hear that you Darian is in Honors English. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just wish he knew what an Honor it is to be in Honors English!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!