Saturday, January 3, 2015

Attitude

And now that I have declared my Goals for 2015 I want to write my goals for January. Doesn't it feel like a new start every year when January comes? A new lease on life? A new chance for change? Sorry, sometimes I even make myself a little sick when I start to sound so philosophical. That just seems where I find myself lately. Maybe it is the change my life is taking. Anyhow!



1. ATTITUDE...Always a good place to start!

   A. Use scent...to me there is nothing like a good smell to boost my attitude in a new direction. Some of my favorites are: vanilla, baking bread, citrus, lavender. In January I am going to start my day EVERYDAY with a new scent in my Scentsy burner.

   B. Relive a memory...Thinking about a good memory puts me in a good mood. EVERYDAY in January I will start my day with a good memory. I have many, many. And through Throwback Thursdays I can share them with you. 

   C. Music...we all know how a good, up-beat song with boost our mood. EVERYDAY in January I will start the day off with a good upbeat song!

   D. Laughter...How can you be in a bad mood or have a negative attitude if you are laughing? EVERYDAY in January I will search for something to laugh about. Maybe I will even find a way to share my laughs with you.

   E. Let it out....I am not naive enough to believe that a bad attitude or a negative thought will still not find a way to sneak into my life. I am a SINGLE grandma raising teenagers for goodness sake. I have lived with a negative attitude most of my adult life. I am a person who usually sees the cup as half empty. So, in the month of January, EVERYDAY whenever I feel that bad mood coming on I am going to sing, yell, dance, punch a pillow or just scream. Let it go! 

(And since I wrote this, my health care premiums went up $110 a month so I might have to incorporate E. pretty quickly) 


6 comments:

  1. Love the idea of using music to lift my spirits. Like you, I've been a 'half-full' person more than I'd like to admit. While I'm at a loss to adequately describe the effect of music on my well-being (whole being), isn't it a great place in which to start!
    ...Already, the little record-player in my brain is playing the opening line to Cabaret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music is a great motivator for me. Good upbeat music gets me going. And sad, memorable songs make me cry!

      Delete
  2. Like the goals you are making for working on attitude, I think I may adapt some myself to work on mine.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it has to begin with me. I am the only person whose attitude I can change. This will be my hardest goal by far.

      Delete
  3. You can start with the song "Let it Go" from Frozen and that will help with your final goal as well. Happy 2015 Paula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Wendy. So true. But I don't know if letting it go will really solve my health care issues. Unless I just let go of the insurance and take my chances that I won't get sick for the next year and 3 months.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!