Monday, January 19, 2015

Attachments

Overview

"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you . . . "

From the award-winning author of Eleanor&ParkFangirl, and Landline comes a hilarious and heartfelt novel about love in the workplace.

Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.

Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.

When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories.

By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.

What would he say . . . ?


That's what Barnes & Nobel has to say.....What I have to say is how can you NOT like a book that is written by an author by the name of Rainbow Rowell? 

I liked this book. It was light reading. And funny. And romantic. And a tiny bit sad. All the reasons to read a book. Right?

I liked the main character, Lincoln. I wonder if he looked like what we imagine a geek to look like. Or if he is more of a "cute guy". 

This was just a delightful piece of 'chick lit' except the main character is a guy. That makes it unusual right there. And another reason that probably made me like it so much is that I once had a 'fantasy' relationship much like this...mine didn't end like this. And I don't know if I will ever tell anyone about it.....but, I do recommend you read the book.

12 comments:

  1. This sounds good, Paula! I like a light hearted book like this! I'm going to make note of it and watch for it. Thanks for the review!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Betty. I know you will enjoy it

      Delete
  2. If I said Rainbow Rowell ten times really fast, I would get dizzy and fall to the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That would be fun to watch. Just kidding!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to the library this weekend and look for it! 'Chick-lit' may be just the thing to get back in the swing of reading ... and your opening sentence made me laugh out loud!

    So, I'm more than a little intrigued about YOUR 'fantasy' relationship. :) Another time, perhaps - when you're ready. (... and don't we all have 'certain tales' we keep close to our chests?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not usually a 'chick-lit' type. But this just fit the bill for me this week. Maybe someday I will write about my 'fantasy' that wasn't a fantasy. But I have to remember that my son reads my blog. Tehehe

      Delete
  4. Well now I have another book on my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!