Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Change

I have been thinking about my word for 2015. I will link up with One Word 365, just like I did last year. This is going to be my focus word this year. It will guide me as I make my way into a new kind of life. Because that is what I will be doing in 2015. I will be forging a new life. I will begin to live my life as a single woman. A widow. A single mother raising two teenage grandchildren. It is not the same life that I had back in January 2014; when my word for the year was HOPE. Hope took me all over the world. It led me into dark corners and helped me find light at the end. I lost hope. And I found hope. And now with hope in my heart I will need to

change
to become different
to undergo a modification



Won't you join me as I go on this journey?
As I decide to make changes in my spiritual growth; changes in my attitude; changes in my home; changes in my appearance; changes in my views.

"And changing your life comes down to changing your habits, one small step at a time, but the first and most important step is to change your story."
That is my plan!
I am going to change my story.



“The only thing standing
between you and your goal
is the bullshit story you keep
telling yourself as to why you
can’t achieve it.” Jordan Belfort


Do you pick a single word to shape you?



10 comments:

  1. Hi Paula ... you've had a rough year and I admire how you've coped with your huge sadness and loss - yet resilience shines through ... 2015 will be different ... but you will shape your change ... with thoughts and thank goodness for those amazing supportive grandchildren ... here's to peace and comfort in the months ahead ... take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't go changing to try to please me.....I love you just the way you are....A little Billy Joel encouragement for you. I think this will be a great word for you this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Wendy! Thanks for sharing my past year with me!

      Delete
  3. This is a perfect word for you this year as everything is changing! :) Cheers to 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica. Yes, it will be a year of change

      Delete
  4. What an excellent word choice! I, too, choose a focus-word each year -- and each year, I'm amazed at the power of the word in my life. I wish you a meaningful journey in the coming year -- full of all that you need! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kym. By the way, do you blog. I click on your name and it takes me to a place that doesn't seem to be where you are anymore. Just curious!

      Delete
  5. This will be my 4th year choosing a theme "focus" word. This year my word is CREATE! I'm so excited about it! I have found that focusing on word can open up so many doors to change. My previous focus words have been FOCUS, MINIMIZE and DEVELOP. Love this blog post and I'm looking forward to following you! ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Create sounds like a very good word. I am not at all creative but I love the idea of it!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!