Saturday, November 8, 2014

TECHNOLOGY

Ah, technology! Where would we be without it. I was recently remembering that in the early 2000's I didn't have a computer. I didn't know anything about computers. We didn't have cell phones. I didn't own an e-reader. We were pretty dull in the world of technology. We were late bloomers as far as microwaves and VCR's went. It wasn't that many years ago that I bought my first CD and I have only recently purchased a DVD. My grandchildren will always remember all of these things being a part of their life. In such a short time span technology exploded and it is all so necessary now. Boy am I grateful to have jumped on the bandwagon. I <3 my technology! I am grateful for what technology has brought into my life...at just the touch of a keyboard.

8 comments:

  1. It is amazing how much has changed technology wise in our lifetime. I remember the first VCR's coming out and they were outrageously priced at $750 or more. Now they are obsolete. And hubby getting a microwave from his parents the first year we were dating, again something that cost a lot of money. Now you can get one for under $100 at WalMart. I do like the technology we have and I'm sure it will continue to only improve and get better :) I'm not as savvy as I should be though with it and my smart phone is still smarter than me :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....my smart phone is smarter than me too! But I have kids right here than can straighten me out with most of my technology.

      Delete
  2. I love it too! I remember using a computer for the first time at work. I immediately loved it. I remember the first one we bought for home. I had a "car phone" very early in the game. I also remember having a mobile phone earlier than most and my husband phoning me while I was in the grocery store and me feeling a little embarrassed to talk on the phone in the store. Imagine that!! I just hope I can always keep up with technology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now everyone has a phone at the grocery store...

      Delete
  3. And we are so reliant on it all. It is like the end of the world if I leave the house without my phone LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO sometimes leave the house without mine. I am always certain when that happens is when my car will break down!

      Delete
  4. This brought back so many memories! Seems like just yesterday my car phone was installed and I was feeling nothing could be better.
    Unfortunately, much of modern technology's left me in the dust. We don't have a DVR, and frankly, I wouldn't have a clue how to program it!
    .....Sticking my head in the sand over here :(

    PS - Any semblance of grammar flew out of my head a little while ago ... that's why I deleted my comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...your comment still showed in my reader. It wasn't all that bad. I do have a DVR but without the kids I have no clue how to work it!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!