Monday, November 17, 2014

Something That Fills Me With Hope

As most of you know these 3 are my biological grandchildren. There are 6 others that call me Grandma but I don't get to see them very often anymore. The two oldest girls are just off doing their own thing and the 4 that belong to our 'adopted' daughter are busy with life and I don't see them or even talk to them much. But these 3 fill me with hope. Hope for today, tomorrow, and all the years ahead. They are the best. I am happy they are mine. I am grateful they still want to spend time with this old lady! The teen years can be difficult (especially with girls, lol) and we still have a tight relationship. I love you Harley, Darian, and Paige. You give me hope.

14 comments:

  1. You can tell by their smiles they are well adjusted kids. So many get snarly at that age and become so insular. Lucky you, lucky them :) Just saying 'hi'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me they still get snarly at times. But they are all good kids

      Delete
  2. You aren't old, Paula :) They are beautiful and handsome both inside and out!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is not the years; it's the miles. And I have put on a lot of miles lately :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Paula - lovely, lovely photo ... and I'm so pleased for you - the tight-knit love of family ... wonderful to see .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grands are so special. I'm glad you have these three around you...and that you have a good relationship with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This photo is so endearing, Paula. I love how their love fills you with hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think having a relationship with grandparents is SO important and you generally don't realize that until it's too late....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My paternal grandparents were already deceased when I was growing up. And my maternal grandmother was a WITCH and grandpa was a PUSSY, so they were my example of what NOT to do!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!