Sunday, November 23, 2014

PEACE

What does peace mean to you? Do you think about your own peace. Or world peace. Or peace and quiet. Peace means: freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility. It also means freedom from war or violence. I grew up in the 1960's when the hippies made peace mean freedom to love. We all have that symbol in our minds of Peace of the 1960's. They preached peace but it wasn't a very peaceful time as I remember it. My brother was 18 years old and serving in the jungles of Viet Nam.

We would all like to have peace in our families. I know that many of you, like myself, have struggles in this area. 

Maybe forgiving others might help each of us find the peace that we deserve.

Today I am going to be thankful for the peace that I have at this moment. And I will continue to pray for peace in the world, in my family, and for each of you. Because I want to be thankful for peace.


10 comments:

  1. Peace can be so elusive if one doesn't strive to look for peace in their lives. I know I always want the peace that transcends understanding that the Bible talks about. It is a good continual prayer for peace indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I search for peace everywhere I go. I know that one day I will find the peace I am looking for.

      Delete
  2. Peace encapsulates everything for me. Peace be with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes - aside from world affairs - I think the concept of peace is overlooked. This post has made me pause and ponder. (Not always a bad thing - lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that Peace is often overlooked...

      Delete
  4. Thanks for these words, Paula. For our hearts are restless until they find their rest and peace in Him. No matter what the crazy circumstances that swirl around.

    May God bless you with that peace you crave. It's been good to meet you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Paula, we can all use prayers for peace especially at this hectic time of year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Wendy. Peace is always a good thing to pray for

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!