Monday, November 10, 2014

My Simple Woman's Daybook-Edition November 10th

It is Monday. And on Mondays I write in my daybook and link up with The Simple Woman's Blog. This will be a good record for the future. To let people know what was going on and what my frame of mind was. So here we go.

FOR TODAY...November 10, 2013



Outside my window...It is still dark. I write most of my posts close to midnight. This is my time of the day. When the house is quiet (except for the TV which always is in the background) I need to work on that! We have two more wonderful days of Indian summer here. Today and Tuesday are supposed to almost 70* and the the bottom falls out and we will see the upper teens at night with the 30-40's in the day time. Here comes winter.



I am thinking...I am thinking about how busy things will soon be getting. Both Darian and Harley are playing a winter sport. Darian wrestles and Harley in basketball. That will mean a few mornings they have to be at the school before 7 a.m. so I will have to drive them. Their school is about a 15 minute drive from home. Might get me up and moving earlier and maybe, just maybe I will get more done.



I am thankful...I am thankful for everything! My family, my home, a car that runs. Life in general is something to be thankful for. Don't you think.



In the kitchen...My weekly Menu
Monday...Meat Loaf*
Tuesday...Shepherd's Baked Potatoes*
Wednesday...kids have church
Friday...Chili
Saturday...Green bean soup (moved from last week since Justin and Paige didn't come)
*are linked to recipes


I am wearing...shorts, tee shirt, no shoes



I am creating...I would like to say that I am being very creative but I am not creating a single thing right now.



I am going...hopefully not to jury duty this week. I dodged the bullet this past week. They only chose jurors 1-68 and I am number 329. We have to call on Tuesday so we will see. It's not that I don't want to do jury duty. I believe in my civic duty. It's just, right now, I am not in the mood. Know what I mean?



I am wondering...I am wondering when exactly I will seal up my holiday plans and quit skirting around the issue. I just can't seem to want to celebrate this year.



I am reading...I am still reading the same Jodi Picoult book that I was reading last week. This one is just not grabbing me and making me want to sit and read all the time. That is a good thing, isn't it? Nope, I'd rather be reading.



I am hoping...I am hoping our winter is mild. Not lots of deep snow. No ice. Is that too much to hope for.



I am looking forward to...I really am looking forward to something. I just can't think of it right now.



I am learning...I am learning that being a mom to teens when I am in my 60's is not the same as when I was in my 30's. I am just tired now! Thankfully they are pretty good kids.



Around the house...I'm not kidding you when I say that I need to get up and get some of these chores tackled. We did bring in my ficus tree today, blow out the garage, clean off the patio, store the statues and flower pots on Sunday. Need to get the outside water turned off but I couldn't budge it. Hope it will be okay until Justin can get here. Darian couldn't budge it either. Eeek!



I am pondering...I am busy pondering cold weather. It makes us hunker down doesn't it?



A favorite quote for today...
I found this on Pinterest. Do you know Lemony Snickett?



One of my favorite things...One of my favorite things is socks when my feet get cold.



A few plans for the rest of the week:If I don't have to report for jury duty I am taking Darian on Thursday to get contact lenses. He is excited. I hope they work out for him.



A peek into my day...I gave you a peek into my Sunday with my gratitude post. You can go here to see it. Ah naps, beautiful naps.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for the links to the different recipes. I just finished printing off the Shepherd's Baked Potatoes. I need to pick up the soup tomorrow at the market and then we will be good to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've never had the potatoes but my family LOVES Shepherd's pie so I bet these will be good

      Delete
  2. Oh the teenage years with all the taxi service.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is interesting how your city does jury duty, Paula! We just have a week at a time; it would be nerve wracking wondering from week to week if you will be called or not. And I know what you mean, this is not the best time to do jury duty. Any chance of getting it postponed due to circumstances?

    My son got contact lenses in 7th grade. It was the best thing for him since he needed glasses but didn't want to wear them. Once he got the hang of putting them in, he did just fine with them :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that is why I dread it so much. We get called for an entire month. Each week you have to call or check the web site to see if your number has been called. Once you've been in for voir dire or are selected then you are excused for the month. Until then you just sit and wait to see if you get selected. Ruins an entire month. I think if Darian is motivated enough he will do good with the contacts. He especially wants them for wrestling season....We'll see

      Delete
  4. I am glad I am past the teenage years! Your menu looks yummy!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad when I was past those years too....the first time around

      Delete
  5. How I wish you'd send some of those cooler temps this direction! I've tried not to complain about the heat this November, but your mention of warm socks just did me in. (Singing the "I want to be COLD and put on wooly socks" ballad over here!)

    Seriously, who could blame you for not being in the mood for celebrating this season. I suggest you observe the coming weeks in the fashion it feels best to YOU at the time. Those who love you will understand.
    ... and to heck with the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd happily change places with you right now Myra. Winter is my least favorite time of the year

      Delete
  6. I don't know Lemony Snickett though we did read most of the Series of Unfortunate Events books. So depressing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!