Friday, November 14, 2014

MUSIC




I love music. When I was a very small girl I wanted to grow up to be a singer. But my mom wasn't very supportive of this idea. Because frankly, I can't sing all that well. But, it doesn't stop me. I sing along. Every single chance that I get. I love all kinds of music. I only have one rule. And that is: it has to have words. I am not big fan of instrumentals. My first love is country. Not today's country. But classic country. I love George Jones, Johnny Cash, Merl Haggard, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn. But I also like some rock. My favorite being Bret Michaels. Not all of his but some of them are good. And I'm crazy about Adele, Alicia Keys, Ed
Sheeran, Gloria Estefan, and Barbara Streisand. I Love Christian music. The kinds that we sing in church. I love hearing the stories. Listening to the lyrics. Finding out what they are trying to tell me. I am grateful for the music in my life. Now and forever.

14 comments:

  1. I always tell my husband that I am an excellent singer but only in my car, alone, with the radio or CD player at full blast. That's when I sound amazing. Unfortunately, if anyone else gets in it totally messes up the acoustics and I suddenly sound terrible :-) And I agree with you--my music has to have words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! I'll have to remember that. I'm a great singer, as long as I am alone. Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. Angels Flying Too Close To The Ground by Willie Nelson is one of my favorite country songs. I don't listen much any longer, I seem to have fallen in love with silence and country sounds. Nature sounds, I mean. Have a nice weekend and thanks for your support through all this stuff.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are music nuts in this house too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Music can be so soothing to the soul :) I like to sing too, though I'm terribly tone deaf. I always tease hubby that I will be in charge of a praise choir in heaven :)

    I like Christian music too and the oldies but goodies from the 1980s :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am more of an oldies from the 60's person. By the 80's I was all into country

      Delete
  5. I have had a life-long love affair with music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, Paula! For sure, we've 'classic country' in common - my favs are Waylon and Willie - but I'm a fan of Toby Keith, as well. I'm not so hip to today's popular tunes. Heck, I pulled out an old Chad & Jeremy cd the other day and sang along like I was 16 again.
    BTW, are you going to do that 'challenge' I saw on your Pinterest page? I've had so much fun trying to answer all the questions, in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not sure what challeng. I' ll have to go ser I am so in love with Willie!!!

      Delete
  7. I went to see Don Williams a couple of Fridays ago. Do you like him?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!