Sunday, November 23, 2014

INTENTION

Loving him....that was my intent! And I am grateful for the years we had together. It was not always roses and candy. But what relationship is? We had many fights. Most were not serious. I admit there were times that I thought of leaving. And there were times that he thought of leaving. It wasn't anymore of a fairy tale relationship that any other normal marriage in this world is. But we were committed to each other. We lived together for 17 years before we took a trip down the proverbial aisle and made it legal. It was always a commitment though. Never once did anyone who knew us ever have a doubt that we were not committed for the long run. Here was our intention: 

"I take you to be my wife/husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or worse,for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do us part."

And I fulfilled every single one of those intentions. Right up to the day that death parted us. 

Those were our simple,traditional vows to each other the day we were married. But we were already living that intent long before we were married in the eyes of the law. Because we had been married for many years in the eyes of the Lord. Our Lord. He had already given us the blessing of our intentions. I will always be grateful for the years that he was my husband. 

4 comments:

  1. You and Richard certainly lived your lives of intention well together! I think it is the "norm" that most couples think of living, but most, like you and Richard, remember your intentions and then work on staying together.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We worked at it! It didn't always come easy

      Delete
  2. I really like the quote in your picture. So many people nowadays believe love comes and goes and it's okay to do whatever we feel like doing. But the fact is, it takes work to love at times. My feelings don't always tell me I love those around me. But it is intentional to love even when we don't feel it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right...it is intentional to love when we don't feel the love! Well said

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!