Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I DON'T UNDERSTAND

My blog is representative of me and my opinions. And I welcome the opinions of everyone. I will listen and not judge. I expect the same courtesy to be given to me. Now about the current events that are dominating the TV screen...The verdict is in on the Michael Brown case in Ferguson, Missouri. The Grand Jury did not find enough evidence to indict. I didn't have all of the evidence and neither did the rest of the world. Only those on the Grand Jury saw it all. Only the Grand Jury got to talk with Darren Wilson, the police office who shot and killed Michael Brown. We don't have the facts. But in the days ahead I think all of the evidence is supposed to be released.

I have a son who is a deputy. And he puts his life on the line every single day he walks out his door. I pray for him. A lot! I pray for all police officers. It is a thankless job and that makes me so sad. When a police officer is doing their job; they are damned. If they don't do their jobs; they are damned. Just like any job, anywhere, there are good people and there are bad people. There are bad doctors. There are bad lawyers. There are bad nurses and teachers and you see what I mean. It is time for this country to quit lumping them all together. When I am in trouble or in fear for my life I want it to be a police officer who comes to my rescue.

courtesy of ABC news
It is crazy what went on in Ferguson last night after the recommendation of the Grand Jury was read. How does it help anyone to burn businesses and cars? Why would anyone find it necessary to shoot guns at police officers, just to protest what they feel is wrong? How does looting a business advance your cause? Why do you invite people like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton to speak on the behalf of people who think they were wronged? These two only want publicity and they want to continue to spread hate and fear. All of what Martin Luther King fought for disappears when these two show up. 

I believe that people have the right to protest. I believe that people have the right to not agree. But nothing will ever change the feelings that Americans have about honest, law-abiding citizens protesting if it is done in the manner it was last night in Ferguson, Missouri. Shame on all of you who participated.  

12 comments:

  1. Wonderfully put, Paula.
    Joining with you in prayer for our nation's peace officers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra. They need our prayers!

      Delete
  2. It is sad the actions of destruction. I don't get it either why someone or a group of people would want to destroy property. To me, it reduces their cause, belittles it if they feel they have to resort to violence like this.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. By destroying things and shooting at the officers it just demeans everything they are trying to protest. It makes them look like THUGS!

      Delete
  3. I found your blog through the Peace Globes and I spent many hours one evening reading back through your blog. It moved and touched me deeply. Your post is right on target, just wish there were more of that moderate voices around our nation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I hope you come and visit me again!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!