Tuesday, October 21, 2014

You've Done Some of These...Haven't You?

I found this on Facebook recently. It brought back so many memories that I thought I would share this here and see if there are any of you who did the same things. Heck, I was letting my kids and MY grandkids pee in the yard for years. When we had a pool in the backyard there was no way they were going to go dripping in the house just to pee. So they'd climb the ladder, run to a hidden corner and pee. Big deal! I still play the quiet game when we are in the car. Teens love it too! I was so bad that I used to tell my boys that a monster lived in the hallway so that they wouldn't come out of their bedrooms during nap time. Didn't work so great when they got bigger. But kept those little ones nicely in their beds when they were toddlers. And, yes, 18 and 19 I have said more times than I care to count. And now they are saying it to their kids. How 'bout you? Did you do any of these things? Or other things you'd like to add to the list.....

14 comments:

  1. Without the sniff test, how would one know whether underwear was dirty? After all, it's not always possible to rely on stains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were sitting in the living room watching tv when my son was 5 or 6. He got up and went outside then came back a few moments later. I asked where he went and he said "behind the garage, I had to pee". It would have been closer for him to use the bathroom LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guilty on several accounts! (... and no, I'm not admitting which ones. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cute list and I am guilty of a few things on there myself. One thing I used to do when the kids were younger to get a few minutes peace (when they were old enough that I didn't worry them getting into anything) was that I would take a book and sneak into the bathroom for a few minutes, saying I had to use the bathroom. Gave me that peace I needed :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea....I might need to do that later this week....even the teens seem to want to steal all my time!

      Delete
  5. I still have to retrieve things from the toilet from time to time. And 17, also. Lol! You brought back some less than happy memories and some happy ones too! Great List!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...me too Zippi. And sometimes it is even me that drops them there.

      Delete
  6. This was awesome! I have definitely done MOST items on the list. Although not quite all of them. But give me time... Thanks for sharing this today!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!