Wednesday, October 1, 2014

VIEW

This is part of my 31 Day Five Minute Free Writes challenge within a challenge. I will be linking up with 31 Day Challenge at The Nester's as well as at Heading Home. For a list of all my letters you can go here.


Dearest Richard,

I remember clearly the day we were married. We had arrived at the cabins in the mountains near Pueblo, Colorado. We were getting ready to head into Pueblo to pick up our marriage license when we decided to pick out the site of the wedding. When you first chose this as 'the wedding' site you wanted the tiny little church that sat next to the Lodge. But once we got there, you decided that you wanted it to take place outside. So we walked down to the edge of the lake and looked. We took in the view across the lake. And very quickly chose the spot.

We drove the car around to that side of the lake and walked down a rickety, wooden stairway, which took us to a barely visible path winding to the lake. About half-way, we walked towards THE tree,( a medium sized Blue Spruce) knee deep in mountain grasses and wildflowers. We had found our spot. We stood there and enjoyed the beautiful view of the lake and the cabins up beyond. On our way to Pueblo you called the minister to let him know where to meet us.

That spot will always be known to us as 'THE WEDDING TREE'. Do you remember each time we returned over the years? We always remarked on how much the wedding tree had grown. This is also the place you chose to have your ashes scattered. It will be hard to leave you there. So far away from me. But that day will come and I'll take you home....

All my love forever,

Paula  


20 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Fancy...it is helping me to relive the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful place to get married, Paula! This is a great theme you are doing for this challenge. You need to find a way to bind these and the last A/Z challenge into some type of book.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good for me to relive these memories. It fills my heart with good things

      Delete
  3. How beautiful. I love the "wedding tree".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved it too lisa....so many wonderful things happened in the mountains

      Delete
  4. Hi Paula .. these will be lovely remembrances for you now, and for you and the family later on - the wedding and the setting look truly magical ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes they are Hilary And I am so happy to share them with my friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula, thank you so much for sharing such a special memory here with us....and for allowing us to view your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianna for visiting! It is a special memory and was a beautiful day

      Delete
  7. What a great memory to share with us. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Richard sounds amazing!!! You won't really leave him behind. He is with you all the time. Thank you so much for allowing up glimpses of your time with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know. He lives in my heart. Thank you for visiting

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It was a beautiful day and now a beautiful memory

      Delete
  10. So perfect...my mom was born near Pueblo - in Fowler. She talks about it all the time these days...in her dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly where Fowler is. Such a small world, isn't it?

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!