Sunday, October 5, 2014

STUCK


This is part of my 31 Day Five Minute Free Writes challenge within a challenge Letters to Richard...my recently deceased husband. I will be linking up with 31 Day Challenge at The Nester's as well as at Heading Home. For a list of all my letters you can go here.

Dear Richard:

I am stuck! I feel so alone and isolated. I feel as if I am standing in this same spot. The spot where I was on July 21, 2014 when you left me. The world has gone on. The sun continues to shine. People are going about their business. And I am stuck!

My life feels empty. Taking care of you filled my days. There were hard days as you are well aware. There were many days when I didn't think I could go on for one more day. But we did. We had each other and we plodded forward. I know that you felt bad for what I was going through. And I am sorry for that. It was never my intention to make you feel bad. It was just hard. It was hard for both of us.

I wonder how you are. Where you are. Are you stuck? I talk to you often. Do you hear me? I know, with time, I will get un-stuck and be able to move forward. But for now I just miss you very, very much.....

Love always,

Paula 

8 comments:

  1. Paula, it sounds like your head's telling you one thing, but your heart's the stronger influence. Right now.
    I hope you don't grow weary of people (like me) saying "take your time."
    Particularly when the night sky comes alive, I talk to my parents and my former husband all the time - and yes, I believe they can hear me. Don't stop talking, girlfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend I will never tire of anything you have to say. I will take my time. I will stay stuck as long as I need to and to hell with anyone that thinks that is wrong.

      Delete
  2. You and Richard were stuck together incredibly in love; that is going to be something that will be hard to get "un-stuck" from and you and only you will know when it is the right time to do so if ever.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he is looking down on you from heaven. I think he is very happy there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Fancy, I just don't know!

      Delete
  4. I know I sound like a broken record...but I think these letters to Richard are wonderful. Writing is great therapy. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for continuing to come. I am sure people are sick of it all...

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!