Monday, October 6, 2014

Simple Woman's DayBook-October 6 Edition

It is Monday. Today I write in my daybook and link up with The Simple Woman's Blog .(She isn't posting her link up until tomorrow)  I will also be including my weekly menu here as I did last week. Then I won't be doing two posts. I have been sick with a head/chest cold (or something) since last Wednesday so we didn't much follow last weeks menu and you might just see things repeated because that is how I grocery shopped and I have all the ingrediants.....Here we go:

FOR TODAY...October 6, 2014
Outside my window...I am writing this just before midnight so it is dark outside. Two nights ago we reached a low of 35* But now only down to the 50's. I like that about fall. Can't make up it's mind!



I am thinking...I don't know if this is a safe subject. To tell people what I am thinking. I am thinking about my husband. And how much I miss him. And how mad I am that he is gone.



I am thankful...I am thankful for Justin and Paige and Darian and Harley and how just having them here sometimes gives me a reason to get up and go on.



In the kitchen...
Tuesday..Omelets with Toast
Wednesday..Kids at church
Thursday..Macaroni, Chicken & Cheese
Friday...Meatloaf*, mashed potatoes, broccoli
Saturday...Pizza

*recipes linked

I am wearing...I always chuckle here. I am wearing yoga pants (shorts) and a purple tee shirt...no shoes. Like always.



I am creating...I am creating this post and my 31 Days Series which you can find here. For today's letter see below this post. That is as creative as I can get right now.



I am going...to paint that room someday. I really am.



I am wondering...I'll be honest with you. I am wondering why I do all of this? Why?



I am reading...What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. Now this is a book to read. It will really makes you wonder what you would do if got to "do-over" your life. I'll do a review when I am done.



I am hoping...to finish the book tonight or tomorrow. I am doing a lot of reading now. I haven't the energy for anything else. Don't know whether it is the cold or grief. But lying on the couch reading is what I'm doing.



I am looking forward to...feeling better.



I am learning...Why I hated being a single mother the first time around.



Around the house...so much, oh, so much.



I am pondering...Where do you start when you don't know where to start?



A favorite quote for today...
 









One of my favorite things...A Hot toddy. When I am sick. Do you drink Hot Toddys?

A few plans for the rest of the week...this is just another normal week at our house. Nothing special going on.
A Peek into my day...I haven't taken any pictures lately to share with you....I'll have to do that soon.

18 comments:

  1. A beautiful quote. I hope you will feel better soon. And now I have to go and look up that recipe, the potato one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Inger. I am getting ready to put my potatoes in the oven. Hope you and hubby are doing okay

      Delete
  2. I am anxiously awaiting your review and I will put this book on my tbr list and I wish you lived closer because Frank makes the best hot toddy's around AND he delivers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang! Too bad we don't live closer to each other. I could use a hot toddy right now..

      Delete
  3. Sorry you're under the weather. But glad you're enjoying What Alice Forgot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it last night. I will try to write about it tomorrow

      Delete
  4. Feel better, sweetie :) BTW, I don't know HOW you walk around in shorts and without shoes. I am effin' freezing all the time. I'm HAPPY to get the rare hot flash that I get. Right now? Wool socks (my feet are the coldest), pajamas, and a thermal sweater, under a blankie on the couch. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. I am trying to get better. It has really zapped me this time. I walk around barefoot and in shorts all winter long.....I am a hot blooded woman. Richard would be buried under 4 blankets and I would be sweating and having the fans on...

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely going to have to check-out that book, Paula. And yes, I love Hot Toddy's. Rather, I used to when I lived in Texas where it actually got cold once in a while.
    BTW, I was relieved to see your answer about Oprah.... I'm certainly not a fan. Can't wait to see the bathroom gate photos; what a novel theme!
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra. I am off to make myself a hot toddy right now!

      Delete
  6. Hope you feel better soon, Paula! I haven't had a hot toddy in a long time, but have them usually when under the weather. I think it is good to spend time reading and lying on the couch. I do that a lot for relaxation. If it helps you during this time, I say "go for it," I bet one day you will paint that room when you are ready to. I'll have to check out that book, sounds interesting!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting my thoughts on the book tomorrow

      Delete
  7. I loved that book! :)

    Hope you are feeling better soon. Love the quote you posted. Continuing to lift you in my prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was great. I am beginning to feel better.

      Delete
  8. Paula, I think all the things you shared about your husband and your grief is all normal with things of this nature, sad to say. I will pray for you and the difficulties you are dealing with and that God will give you the "start" that you need. Anyway, yoga pants are comfy and I like them too. Thank you for sharing your day and candid thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that it is normal...doesn't make it easier to know that though. And it hasn't even been three months yet. I will get there

      Delete
  9. Yes, we do also like Hot Toddy's. It's a special kind of warming for a wet autumn day.
    Thank you for sharing the things you like - I really like reading the posts like this and feeling how small the world is. Greetings from Hungary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very nice to have you visit my blog!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!