Monday, October 27, 2014

My Simple Woman's Blog-October 27th Edition

 For Today: October 27, 2014

Outside my window...The sun is shining brightly. There is a cool breeze. Most of the trees are showing colors that are stunning to see. As I stand in the reading room looking down the street I relish the greens, yellows, and reds. A tasty desert for the eyes.



I am thinking...about what I need to start working on. Hurry winter will be here soon.



I am thankful...for my family.



In the kitchen...

Monday...Clean up Fridge Day
Wednesday..Kids eat at church
Thursday..Simple Crockpot Chicken mashed potatoes
Saturday...Grilled Chicken, baked potatoes salad
Sunday...Baked Spaghetti, garlic bread



I am wearing...shorts and a tee shirt. No shoes



I am creating...This post for Monday. Little else.



I am going...to take the rest of the apples I have to the soup kitchen tomorrow. I hope they can use them.



I am wondering...What Richard thinks of Heaven and if he checks in on us.



I am reading...John Grisham, The Confession



I am hoping...to have more energy this week.



I am looking forward to...Tuesday. Monday's are so busy and depressing. I don't know why.


I am learning...to see the joy in 
remembering.



Around the house...I manage to keep it picked up and the laundry and dishes done. That is all.



I am pondering...How hard I should push myself.



A favorite quote for today...




One of my favorite things...Eating out with my family. Olive Garden was so good!



A few plans for the rest of the week:More of the same...maybe something new. We'll see.



A peek into my day...

Such a silly girl..at Olive Garden Sunday

Join us at The Simple Woman's Blog and add your link. I would love to read your Monday journal.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Paula .. you're doing so well .. and your beloved little girl is obviously enjoying herself ... you'll pick up - take the simple jobs and do them slowly ... have a happy week though .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary...that is what I am doing

      Delete
  2. Paula, we had the same Monday chore this week...clean out the fridge day. I am always glad when I have that accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try to make that our Monday meal always. Good to see you Dianna

      Delete
  3. Mondays do seem a little depressing and hard...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do. I have a houseful of family over the weekend and then everyone returns to school and back to their own home....

      Delete
  4. You need only push yourself as much as you need. Remember to be good to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picture of your grand daughter at Olive Garden! Always fun to go out to eat! I liked that chicken and broccoli bubbly recipe, I'm going to make it soon!

    Don't push yourself too hard, allow yourself to let you know when it is ready to be pushed.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty. I'm making it tomorrow. Sounds so easy doesn't it?

      Delete
  6. You’ve intrigued me… a reading room! How quaint. ☺ This is my first visit to your blog (that I remember). I think I'll take a peek around. Praying you have good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to be the dining room and then we moved the dining room into a larger room for a larger table. Then we called it the Puzzle Room because Richard had such a passion for jigsaw puzzles. He spent many hours in that room putting together puzzles. After he was no longer able to do that and we had to make room for the hospital bed in the living room we moved a sofa into that room and the kids used it to lay on the couch and read. So now it is our 'reading room'. Welcome to my blog. I hope you'll visit again.

      Delete
  7. Harley just cracks me up! Was Darian like, totally mortified?
    Thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually he wasn't He is used to her making a fool of herself. Her Uncle Justin was maybe a bit mortified. He is the dignified one when we are in public. The rest of us are just us.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!