Thursday, October 16, 2014

LONG

This is part of my 31 Day Five Minute Free Writes challenge within a challenge. I will be linking up with 31 Day Challenge at The Nester's as well as at Heading Home. For a list of all my letters you can go here.

Dear Richard:

I long to see your face and to hear your voice. You are gone and there are times that it feels as if you are so far away that I will never see or hear from you again. So very, very far.

I long to touch you. I long to have you touch my hand and stroke my fingers. I long to have you squeeze my hand and reassure me. I miss you and I long for your presence. 

I long to quit crying. I long to quit missing you. I long to quit grieving. But I am afraid that if I do all of that I will forget you. And I long to remember you for as long as I live. 

Loving you forever,

Paula

14 comments:

  1. i loved your post paula. it expresses the grief of someone who has lost someone they love. i'm sure you learned the difference between caring for a patient and caring for someone you love as they fade away. it must have been heart breaking.

    i too, am a nurse. so far, i haven't had to watch my loved one fail, but i have watched many families as they dealt with parents or loved one who were failing. i learned to respect them a lot as they cared for their loved ones day in and day out...often with little repite.

    blessings as you walk through the grieving process and adjust to this new stage of life. thanks again for your post. i'm your neighbor at fmf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha. Yes, it is so different when you are the spouse and not the nurse. I sometimes felt like I didn't even know what it was that I was supposed to do to take care of him. I felt helpless most of the time. Writing my way through the grief now helps. Thanks for visiting me.

      Delete
  2. Paula you will surely always remember Richard. I do think there will be days when you won't cry, but you will always remember him. Another good letter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You open your heart and bare your soul. Richard was a lucky man to have a wife that loved him so completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Paula. I can just feel the ache in your heart and I am so sorry for your loss. How blessed you are to have shared a love like that! Hang onto that love. And thank you for your beautiful, heartfelt letter to your husband. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is always hope in Jesus. :) Even in those long hours and days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May the Shepherd draw close to you during your journey through the valley of the shadow of death. Feel his presence as you share the love you shared with Richard through these beautiful letters.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!