Tuesday, October 14, 2014

LIFE

This is part of my 31 Day Five Minute Free Writes challenge within a challenge. I will be linking up with 31 Day Challenge at The Nester's as well as at Heading Home. For a list of all my letters you can go here.


Dearest Richard:

Ever since you went away I have spent a lot of time thinking about our life. The life we shared for 36+ years. I am so lucky that you shared your life with me. For the most part, all of our life was good. I really grew to love you and understand how much you loved me. The last three years we had together drove it all home.

I was your life. And you were mine.I rarely wasn't by your side during this time. And if I left I knew how much anxiety it caused you. So I was always in a hurry to get home. Because I didn't want you to suffer.

Do you remember all the times we talked about life here on earth? And life after one of us was gone? We were both pretty certain there would be a long after-life together in Heaven. I hope that is where you are now. Looking down on us. Happy with what we are doing. Knowing I will join you when it's time. We knew this would be the way it was. Now I have to get busy and finish this life.

Always,

Paula

8 comments:

  1. I admire you and Richard that you talked about life in the hereafter. So many people are afraid to talk about it or even bring up the subject, but sadly it is a reality of life that we all die and more than likely one spouse will die before the other. I think Paula, you will finish your life well, just like Richard did his. (that is life on earth)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we talked about it. But many years before it looked like it was becoming a reality. Towards the end if I tried to talk about it he always answered with "but, I'm not ready to die". I think that made his dying so much harder.

      Delete
  2. He is smiling down on you and he is LOVING these letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that is true Wendy. He often wrote to me. Now I wish I had kept them all. But then that would just give me another reason to wallow in my grief...

      Delete
  3. Richard was a blessed man to have found you, married you, and loved you for all those years. I know he was very much aware of this blessing here on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what Wendy's written! The communication you and Richard shared is so precious. I know (well, I'm pretty sure) Tom believes in the hereafter, but he's so closed up about it sometimes I fret.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine Myra. Maybe you can prod him into talking about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!