Sunday, October 26, 2014

FREE

This is part of my 31 Day Five Minute Free Writes challenge within a challenge. I will be linking up with 31 Day Challenge at The Nester's as well as at Heading Home. For a list of all my letters you can go here.

Dearest Richard:

How does it feel to be free? Free of pain and problems with breathing. Free of coughing. Free of oxygen tubes and catheters and all of those medical supplies that you weren't so fond of. Are you able to walk now? What is Heaven like? It must be awesome to be so free. No schedules, no hours to follow, no responsibilities. I am happy for you sweetheart even though I miss you so much.

We talk about you often here on earth. And have many good memories. And we laugh. And we cry. And we miss you. But I wouldn't want you to suffer anymore. I am happy that you are free. Can you see us from where you are? I have so many questions...someday I will have the answers. So many days have gone by. And I miss you.

Love always and forever, 

Paula

8 comments:

  1. Hi Paula - yes Richard is free and I'd think he's relieved .. but I know he misses you all so much ... In due time those answers will come ... enjoy your family now, as well as holding those memories ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what Hilary said; indeed Richard is free and he misses you like you miss him. Some day we will get the answers and some day we'll be free too.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy....almost to the end of these!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely, unselfish attitude, Paula. It's true I suppose - when it's really love, you want the best possible outcome for the other, even when it hurts.
    I believe Richard remains on the high watch - and will stay vigilant over you until that day when you two can walk hand-in-hand again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that is true Myra. Thank you for encouraging me through your visits.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!