Wednesday, October 29, 2014

FIRST

This is part of my 31 Day Five Minute Free Writes challenge within a challenge. I will be linking up with 31 Day Challenge at The Nester's as well as at Heading Home. For a list of all my letters you can go here.

My dear Richard:

You were not my first love! But you were my last love. I think I have told you that many times before. Well one more time won't hurt, will it. You came along at a time in my life when I wasn't really sure where my future was headed. And you helped to turn it around. I was the luckiest woman in the world,that you loved me. 

You weren't my kids 'first' dad but you were the last. And the best.  I couldn't have had a better man to help me raise them up. You were strong, firm, and caring. They were lucky to have you in their life. You were always there for them. No matter what. And you loved them as if they carried your blood in their bodies. 

You weren't my first love. But you will be my last love. And who could ask for more than that.

Forever,

Paula

15 comments:

  1. What a special love you both had!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was, Betty. I am so glad this man was a big part of my life. It is why I miss him so much

      Delete
  2. Hi Paula - love is all ... and yours is beautiful for your first Richard, and for ever Richard .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very touching letter, Paula. These letters have impressed me because each one of them has been written from a heart full of love. Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a poignant letter to your best friend and sweet husband. I hope writing this series has helped you as you travel through your season of grief. They have certainly given a beautiful glimpse into the heart of a grieving woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. They have helped me a lot. Tomorrow is the last letter. The grieving will continue but the heart is getting lighter!

      Delete
  5. This reminds me of the lyric, "You went and saved the best for last."
    I love your closing sentence, Paula. No, no-one could have asked for more!
    Thank you for sharing your Love Story with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure. I don't think that I realized until I have shared my journey here on my blog what a perfect love story we had. I was a lucky woman

      Delete
  6. Beautiful. So, so beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!