Monday, October 13, 2014

AWAY

This is part of my 31 Day Five Minute Free Writes challenge within a challenge. I will be linking up with 31 Day Challenge at The
Nester's as well as at Heading Home. For a list of all my letters you can go here.


Dear Richard,

Today I have to step away. Ever since you went away I've wondered if you have found her. It was 40 years ago today my baby girl, Elaine, went to Heaven. You and I were not yet a couple. You were still just my boss. But I remember the flowers that you sent. Beautiful pink roses. And I remember seeing your name, in the guest book, from the mortuary visit. At that time I didn't know yet that you were going to be the man who swept me away. I remember being surprised at your kindness and how much you truly seemed to care. In the Heaven I hold dearly, in my imagination, you are with her. Her finger is wrapped around yours. 



I am going to step away for a moment. I'm going to direct my reader here to see the story of my baby girl. 

I don't know what God has in store for me yet. But I do know that you two are waiting for me. And that makes today bearable.

An angel opened the book of life
and wrote down my baby's birth.
Then she whispered as she closed the book
"too beautiful for earth".
~author unknown

Missing you both,

Paula/Mom

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about Elaine, Paula. I am sorry you didn't have a chance to raise her like you had the chance to raise your two sons. I do believe one day you will all be together and no one will take you away.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how they tell us that God has a plan and that he knows best. In this case he did. I was scheduled for a tubal ligation the day after Elaine was born. Under the circumstances I didn't have it. And one year later I had Justin. I wouldn't trade Justin for anything in the world....I beleive, too, we will all be together again one day

      Delete
  2. Paula you are an inspiration to keep going no matter what comes to us in this life. Hugz...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this! I don't know about being an inspiration but I keep going, no matter what

      Delete
  3. Oh Paula, I can't begin to imagine the emptiness you had to have been feeling in those awful days after Elaine's birthday.
    ... and all the while Richard was watching and caring. What a guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he was.Little did I know. I don't think he even knew yet

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!