Wednesday, October 15, 2014

ADJUST

This is part of my 31 Day Five Minute Free Writes challenge within a challenge. I will be linking up with 31 Day Challenge at The Nester's as well as at Heading Home. For a list of all my letters you can go here.


My dear Richard:

Yesterday, when I wrote to you, we talked about life. Today I have to talk about adjusting. It isn't easy to adjust to a new life that doesn't have you in it. You were always better at adjusting that I was. I am not good with change. I want things to remain status quo. Remember all the conversations we had about this? I haven't changed. And I hate having my life changed. And it really changed the day you left me.

I will adjust. That much I know for sure. (Remember that Oprah reference.) Are you smiling? But I'm not going to hurry through this process. Because re-living the memories makes me feel closer to you. And that is the kind of adjustment I need.

There will be many days ahead that will take me to some deep, dark places. But I know I will make it. I will adjust. When the time is right.

Loving you always,

Paula

8 comments:

  1. I too don't like change, Paula. You are wise to take your time adjusting.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard when you are a person that doesn't like change, isn't it? Change is going on around us all the time.

      Delete
  2. Hugs Paula....you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my least favorite words - change and adjust. I know that's what it's all about, but dang it's uncomfortable! Good going, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is uncomfortable and I don't like it either. But I am taking just tiny little steps forward. I feel it!

      Delete
  4. Adjustment would be so difficult! I struggle with change as well. I liked your inside joke you shared, even if I don't really get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like Oprah and yet I always seem to quote her. He made fun of me for that.....

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!