Friday, October 31, 2014

A Liebster

 My wonderful friend Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm, nominated me for the Liebster Award. I am going to graciously accept itHere are the rules, as outlined on her blog. 


1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions asked by Wendy.
3. Nominate bloggers with less than 200 followers to do the same.
4. Let those bloggers know that you chose them.

Random Facts About Myself:

1. I quit coloring my hair when I placed Richard in Hospice. I am now pretty grey.
2. I am lazy.
3. I like watching reality TV: Survivor, Big Brother, The Amazing Race, Sister Wives are some of my favorites.
4. I don't believe in psychiatry.
5. I do believe in ghosts.
6. There are very few overhead lights in my home. 
7. I love calf liver. Now that Richard is gone I probably won't cook it just for me.
8. I have not weighed myself in the past 8 years. And I don't need a scale to tell me I have gained a lot of weight.
9. I hate any form of exercise.
10. Summer is my favorite season.
11. I am not into pets. The only pet we own is a goldfish and a 'sucker' fish.

Wendy's Questions for me:

 
  1. What is your favorite cocktail? My favorite cocktail is an Italian Margarita.
  2. Who is the most famous person you ever met in person? I saw Robert Redford in Las Vegas while he was filming Indecent Proposal. I didn't actually meet him. Although my friend and I stalked him a bit.
  3. What is your biggest accomplishment thus far in your life? It has to be taking in my two grandchildren. Although most of the credit for their being here belongs to Richard.
  4. Do you prefer a large party or a small intimate party? I much prefer small, intimate parties. With very good friends.
  5. What is your favorite food? This is hard. I like food. All kinds of food. The richer and more fattening the more I like it. I adore lobster.
  6. What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten? I've eaten lots of strange food. Kangaroo pie while in Australia. Also ate Emu while there. I have eaten alligator and rattlesnake and squirrel and rabbit. 
  7. What is the last book you read? The Confession by John Grisham
  8. What is your biggest fear? I have two big fears...one if mice and the other is flying. But my really biggest fear is not being here until my grandchildren are grown and on their own.
  9. If you could have any job in the world what would it be? I would love to be a gardener. There is nothing better than mowing the grass or pulling weeds. I love digging in warm soil.
  10. Who was the last person you hugged? I hugged Darian and Harley. Everyday. Several times if I can.
11.Name one thing about yourself that you absolutely love. I absolutely love the depth in which I love. I give it my all. 

My nominees:

1. Kwizgiver at What if this is as good as it gets?
2. Myra at Respice, Prospice
3. Betty at A Bench with a View
4. Inger at Desert Canyon Living
(and yes I know she has more than 200 followers but I am a rebel and I want to nominate her anyway).
5. And all the rest of my readers and followers whom I love so much!

My questions for you nominees:

1. Why do you blog?
2. How did you chose the name of your blog?
3. What makes you laugh out loud?
4. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
5. Favorite TV show and why?
6. What do you want to be when you grow up?
7. How do you cope when things are not going well in your life?
8. A Favorite quote?
9. Your favorite food to snack on when no one is around.
10. What is your favorite social media?
11. What is one destination that you dream of traveling to?

Please jump in and lets all get to know each other a bit. It's fun!





10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award! I enjoyed learning more about you. Your weird food list has me interested (have not had one...yet), and there is nothing like a good John Grisham book. I need to check out his latest. Your grandsons are two lucky kids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon for stopping by! Happy Halloween

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining in the fun Paula. I love the way you love too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me my friend!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to you and thank you for the nomination! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for the award and for thinking of me, Paula. I will do it, but probably not for a few weeks. I usually only post once (twice) sometimes a week except during A/Z and I already have my next post written in my mind, LOL. But I definitely will do this.

    LOL with you not weighing yourself. I haven't in about 3 years. I can tell by clothes I go up and down depending on whether I'm watching my diet since I'm in the same size clothes, they just are tight or looser depending.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Betty. Take your time. It is always something to fall back on when you can't think of anything else to blog about. A-Z will be sneaking upon us won't it?

      Delete
  5. What Betty said. LOL! My inner-Barbara-Walters is delighted to accept! Give me a couple days?

    Unfortunately, I can't seem to break my addiction to the bathroom scale. Stupid, how a couple of numbers can make or break my mood.
    Loved your "Random Fact #9", Paula. Here, I thought I was the only one!!! (I mean, have you ever seen a smiling jogger?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "inner-Barbara Walters"....LOL! Now there is a woman we could chat about!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!