Monday, September 29, 2014

The Simple Woman's DayBook-September 29th Edition

And here we arrive at Monday morning. The last Monday of September. Today I am going to combine my usual Monday postings into one post. Instead of writing a separate post for my Monday Menu I am just going to incorporate it into my Simple Woman's Daybook post.

For Today...September 29, 2014

Outside my window...It is late evening, Sunday. We had a nice fall day. Temps in the 80's. Air conditioner still running. Grass still growing. Sun still shining.
I am thinking...How October is just a day away. Ten weeks ago today my beloved soulmate went away. I miss him every moment of every day.
I am thankful...I am thankful for being able to feel a bit less pain. Each day is easier. And I don't know if I am okay with that.

 

In the kitchen...my menu:
Monday...Mexican Pizza
Tuesday..Pancakes and Sausage
Wednesday..kids at church,salad for me
Thursday...Grilled Ham and Apple Paninis
Friday.. Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Saturday..Meat Loaf, mashed potatoes, cheesy broccoli
Sunday...Sour Cream and Bacon Crockpot Chicken 
 

I am wearing...yoga shorts, tee shirt, no shoes

I am creating...at the moment I am creating a blog post and a menu for the week.

I am going...I am going to go crazy with these teenage grandchildren. Can't believe I am going through all of this again.

I am wondering...I am wondering how long until we get our first frost. I have a tree outside that I need to bring in before that happens. 

I am reading...Grieving a Soulmate-The Love Story Behind "Till Death do us Part by Robert Orfali

I am hoping...I am hoping to gain some insight into my grief by reading this book.
I am looking forward to...tomorrow...just taking it one day at a time.

I am learning...I am learning about grief bursts and that not everyone grieves a spouse the same way. It depends on whether you are soul mates or not...hmmmmm!

Around the house...I managed to paint the shelves for Darian's room this past week...on to the woodwork perhaps.

I am pondering...I am pondering whether to do my grocery list tonight or not.

A favorite quote for today...










One of my favorite things...Paige is spending the night tonight without her father...we'll hang out some tomorrow. She doesn't have school.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Much the same as always.

A Peek into my day
Paige



18 comments:

  1. Hi Paula - thanks for taking off the blinkin' things! Appreciate their removal ... Love the quote "Hope grows in the Corner of my Heart" ... combining your two posts makes sense - while the Mexican pizza sounds good for tonight .. enjoy tomorrow with Paige ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hilary...I like the page better without the blinkys too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being around teenagers is probably a very good thing for you right now. What is that baked potato soup? Never heard of it and I so love potatoes Good old Swede that I am.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that Inger. Right now they are stressing me out with just being teens! Click on the title for the Bake Potato Soup and it will take you to the recipe

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure I could survive another round of teens, so my hat off to you, Paula, for trying to do it and it seems like you are doing pretty well with them too! I had not heard of grief bursts but heard it recently on another widow's blog. I do hope the book gives you insight as you continue to grieve.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the grief bursts are very painful. It does help me to learn that where I am is not out of the norm. And I don't know that I_ am going to survive another round of teens.....LOl!

      Delete
  5. I think I've an idea what you mean when you say, "I don't know if I'm OK with that." (Feeling less pain every day.) It's been a long time, but the first time I realized I'd gone a whole day w/o crying, there came such a wave of guilt; and I felt almost disloyal for having laughed and enjoyed myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is it exactly!! You get it Myra. I want to be able to remember him without the pain but right now I need to feel the pain!

      Delete
  6. Paula, it is such a blessing to read here today! You are a blessing and I am so grateful that you are able to read material that is helping you. I've been praying for you.

    I think I should warn you...you should expect me for dinner most any night this week! Your menus sound delicious!

    Glad you and Paige are having some "girl time". That is so precious. We just spent time visiting with our grandson for his 16th birthday over the weekend! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dianna for all the prayers. You would be welcome any night for dinner. And my 14 year old granddaughter Harley (who lives with me) said to bring along your 16 year old grandson. LOL

      Delete
  7. Dear Paula,
    I'm sorry that I've been so caught up in my own world and losses that I've not kept up with blog friends. I did not know that you lost your husband. My heart goes out to you. I've had 3 friends lose their husbands recently. I know that it is devastating. I am so sorry. I am sending hugs and prayers your way. Good luck and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Grammy Staffy...never be sorry that your life was simply full of your own things. We blogging friends always come together when we need to. Thank you so much for the hugs and the prayers. I will never turn them away.

      Delete
  8. I love that you put your menu in the same post ! What a smart thing . I am so glad to see that you are progressing through the grief and learning along the way. Next week will be 6 month that my precious mama has been gone and we are walking along side my dad going through it all. I hope you will give us a review on the book.
    I have started over with a grand child , but we are in baby/toddler time . Wow ! I am amazed at how quickly I forgot what a beast a teething 9 month old is! They are a joy and a challenge!
    Thanks for linking that Mexican pizza ! I think it is going on our menu for next week ! Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting! Yes, I will review the book when I am finished. It is brutal to read at times. WOW...bless you for taking on a baby. I am glad that mine are now teens. They are helpful and loving and just what I needed at this time in my life. The Mexican pizza was fabulous by the way.

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you're feeling a bit less pain, and I hope soon you will be okay with that. I understand completely what you mean by this.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!