Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8th Simple Woman's Daybook Entry

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...

It is dark. The sun has set. Summer is ending. We were only in the low 80's today. Last night the temperatures dropped into the 60's. So fall is coming. 

I am thinking...

My thoughts are all over the place. So much to do. So little energy. Must get started soon. Times wasting.

I am thankful...

I am thankful for the times and memories that I have of my beloved husband. He will be missed. He gave so much of himself to our family.

In the kitchen...

I just finished my menu plan for the week. I am keeping things mostly simple for now. The kids are busy and gone a couple of nights a week so that makes it easier.

I am wearing...

What I always wear. Black yoga shorts. A medium blue tee shirt. No shoes.

I am creating...

Nothing! Nothing! Nothing!

I am going...

I am not going anywhere right now. I am just in the moment.

I am wondering...

I am wondering how long this awful pain in my heart will last. I know it won't last forever but for now it just hurts. 

I am reading...

James Patterson's Cross Fire. The Alex Cross series is one of my favorite.

I am hoping...

I am hoping that I will soon get in gear and start to get some things done around here. I will just have to make myself do it. 

I am looking forward to...

I can't answer this right now. I am just not looking forward yet. I am still looking backwards and remembering. 

I am learning...

I am learning that grief sucks. Much harder than I ever thought it would be.

Around the house...

The house is clean. It stays picked up. There is much painting and updating to be done. As soon as the mood hits me. 

I am pondering...

What room will I do after I finish Darian's bedroom

A favorite quote for today...

Oh, how true and fitting this is for me right now


One of my favorite things...

An Italian Margarita....yumdillyisous!

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Dentist appointments for the kids on Monday afternoon, debate practices on Tuesday and Thursday, church on Wednesday, Justin and Paige back on Saturday for the weekend.

A peek into my day...

The town that I live in is host to the Kansas State Fair. Justin's girlfriend, Trina, and I took the kids Saturday evening. They went to a Hunter Hayes concert and she and I walked around and looked at things. We had fun but today I am really sore from all that walking. I have to get back in shape. 

Trina took this picture. Isn't it precious?

I am linking up with The Simple Woman's Daybook on September 8th Edition. Come join if you would like.


20 comments:

  1. Paula, my heart hurts for you. I lost my husband 12 years ago and sometimes it feels like yesterday but God is so faithful and you get through it. Prayers to you. Here in Florida, we've had some rain which has brought our temps to the low 80's and right now it's 77. I'm so grateful! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, thanks for stopping by. I am sure that I will get through it. I just hope this horrible hurt in my heart doesn't last forever. I love Florida...except for the humidity! Enjoy your day

      Delete
  2. Hi Paula .. yes walking again after sitting and caring can take a while to settle into .. but we have a glorious Indian Summer at the moment .. I was down on the front and it was very hot ... cool sea breeze ...

    Love your quote about life being understood backwards, but lived forwards ... and a Margarhita would be good - but way too early and I have a nice cup of tea!

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a coffee girl myself...but evening comes and those margaritas will be good!

      Delete
  3. Hi Paula....I cannot help but feel grief through your words, I am so sorry that you are in such a painful season. I do hope that when you step out of this cloud, you will find the Sun filling you with warmth and comfort. Blessings and peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that too Claudia....Thanks for visiting today!

      Delete
  4. I love Alex Cross too. I think I am going to join this meme today. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been a little behind with Alex but have lots of tiime now to catch up

      Delete
  5. Oh Paula , so sorry about your loss! Blogging helped me so much when I lost my brother. I can hardly dare think of losing my dear hubby. :-( My heart is sad for you but I am praying that God comforts you as only He can and gives you the peace that passes understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is a different kind of loss. We are so very close to our spouses

      Delete
  6. I used to love going to State Fairs ... not sure when/why I stopped. Fair food is sooooo good, and so bad for you at the same time! Hope the kiddos loved Hunter Hays' performance; he seems lots nicer than Justin Bieber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did like the concert. A friend gave us 4 tickets so they each got to take a friend. And yep, fair food is the best

      Delete
  7. Dear Paula, this is my first visit in quite awhile. My heart and prayers are with you. Please take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun with the state fair, always liked to go to one, but haven't in a long time. I think it is good that you are back to reading and are keeping the housework up; not sure I would be doing the same this close to losing your husband, but I guess sometimes routine like house cleaning can be comforting.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your caring comment of today. I didn't say so in my post, but I cried and cried yesterday. But I do feel better today, so maybe it is something I have to find a place and go and do when things get to be too much. I will email you sometime in the future. I seem to have no energy for emails now, nor blogging for that matter. I like this day book idea. It may help one focus also. Take care and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inger, it was people like you who got me through my journey with Richard. I understand what you are going through and I want to be there for you

      Delete
  10. I enjoyed this Paula. Lots going on with you, yet some down time to. I think the mix is good. Do what you can, when you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fanci. That is what I am trying...there are just days that the energy is not there.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!