Tuesday, September 30, 2014

October Goals

Does anyone else think September flew by? I barely have any memories...and I sure didn't accomplish much in the way of my goals. But, if anything, I am not a quitter and I will just keep posting them until I get them done. How does that sound?

So here we go:

1.organize my home...this is slow going. I have so much to do. So many things to go through. And I haven't painted that bedroom yet. So it is back on the list...paint Darian's room, trim, make headboard and hang light. Although I did get his shelves spray-painted so the month wasn't a total loss.

2. freezer cooking....yippee! I did this. I cooked up big batches of hamburger and chicken and stored them in zip lock bags to be used for quick meals. Sure makes things easier. I will make 2 batches of chicken wraps in October.

3.family budget...I think I have it all figured out. I don't think I will be going back to work. And, with luck, determination, and coupons we will be okay. Now I just have to cut that grocery bill down.

4.use more coupons....see above. I am working on this. Loading them onto my Dillon shopper card and using Retail Me Not app.

5.better utilize the savings account..If you hear me chuckle here, then just laugh along with me. My goal is to STAY out of the savings account as much as possible. It HAS to be there for emergencies.

6.forgive myself...I work on this all the time. I am still harder on myself than anyone else.

7. worry less, love more....working on it. If anyone has tips on how to worry less, I am open to suggestions. I am now raising two teens all alone and this is frightening times. But I will love them more. That is not hard to do...most of the time.

Now tell me how you are doing on your goals.

16 comments:

  1. That is neat Paula that you won't have to go to work. That will come in handy with being as fresh as you can raising the teens! Honestly, I wish I knew how to worry less, its my second nature to worry despite knowing better. I like that you do make your goals and then reflect back on them to see how you did. And yes, I'm amazed at how fast September went!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad not to have to go to work right now. My career is as an RN and I just can't take care of another person at this point in my life....

      Delete
  2. Lots of love goes a long way. I am not always able to give my daughters what they want, but they have come to appreciate the time I spend with them - as well as the home-cooked meals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds to me as if you accomplished a ton during September. Refer back to #7 and include yourself in that love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I accomplished more than I think Wendy. I seem to lay on the couch a lot...

      Delete
  4. Love the pumpkin :-)

    I don't do well setting monthly goals but admire you who do! I get too anxious cuz I rarely meet them. But I keep running lists of all kinds of "to do's" I just don't call them goals. Maybe that's how I fool myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't meet mine either but I just put them on next months list....I made the pumpkin on PicMonkey

      Delete
  5. Is there such a thing as worrying less? I sure don't know how to do it. I love your attitude about your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you here Kwiz...I wish I could worry less

      Delete
  6. What great goals! Although they all seem huge for me! I really like checklists and goals and things, but then when I can't check them off I get upset...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too but I just add them to the next month.

      Delete
  7. I've got some of the same. I did a fair amount of organizing last month and need to keep it up. I also moved ahead with my goal of getting more fit and joined the gym and went. Those are at the top and I need to keep them up. I didn't do any freezer cooking and I'd like to do a couple of stews and freeze them in the next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should put that 'get fit' on my list but I just don't have the energy right now.

      Delete
  8. My endless lists and plans make me worry less. Hubby says I overplan everything, but then, I don't have to worry about it. Decreases the stress in my life, even if the plan doesn't necessarily work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be an over-planner....now I just can't seem to find the energy to plan and then accomplish

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!