Monday, September 22, 2014

My Simple Woman's Daybook-September 22 Edition

 Today I promise not to be so down and dreary as I was last week. I feel better after spending a quiet weekend, re-connecting with my granddaughter, Harley. Darian went camping. Justin and Paige didn't come over. Yesterday I quietly observed the 2-month anniversary of Richard's death. And although I miss him terribly and the tears are right there, hiding behind my eyelids, I feel like I will get through this. So here, for this week, is My Simple Woman's Daybook entry. You can join in by going over to The Simple Woman's Blog and linking up your entry.





FOR TODAY September 22, 2014


Outside my window...It is dark and cool. Not as cool as we have been, but you can still taste that fall is in the air. And quiet. It is very quiet. And getting very close to midnight.

I am thinking...Right now I am thinking about what I would like to accomplish this week. My grocery shopping is done. My menu is planned. Maybe, just maybe, I'll pick up a paint brush.

I am thankful...for my family. I know they have my back.
In the kitchen...This weekend I cooked a bag of frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot and shredded up two quart bags for the freezer. And I cooked up 10 pounds of hamburger and put up 4 quarts in the freezer. I am ready for some simple meals.

I am wearing...I am wearing white shorts and a tee shirt. No shoes. 

I am creating...I am creating a fall banner for the mantle (it's in my head right now, but I will soon get going on it.) 

I am going...I am going to buy some ink for my printer and might stop into the craft store to see what they have for fall.

I am wondering...But I am wondering if I would be smarter to just go out into the garage and bring in the fall and Halloween tote and use what I have.

I am reading...I am reading a book recommended by my friend Wendy, The Double Bind written by Chris Bohjalian. So far I am enjoying it. 

I am hoping...I am hoping this hopeful feeling I have today lasts....
I am looking forward to...I can't think of anything right now that I am looking forward to except more good days.

I am learning...I am learning that grief is hard and continuous and painful. But there is hope.

Around the house...Ah, around the house. It never stops and always needs more done. But there are always tomorrows.

I am pondering...I am pondering about this computer of mine. And if I have it fixed. I have gone through a series of self-help fixes and so far, so good. Cross your fingers.

A favorite quote for today...
One of my favorite things...One of my favorite things has always been quotes. Or lyrics. I love words. And what they say. And how they apply to me. To my life.

A few plans for the rest of the week:There are really not many plans this week that are different than last week. But, yay, no dentist appointments. If fact just a mundane week. How wonderful is that?

A peek into my day...This isn't really a peek into MY day. But I love the drama TV show "The Good Wife". And tonight was it's season premier. Looks to be a promising season.

18 comments:

  1. I like that you are finding some good things in the midst of your grief. There is always something to be grateful for. I hope you have an uneventful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you are right. I am looking for the good things.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I think mundane can be a very good thing indeed. It can be healing especially after going through what you had gone through with care giving and then your hubby's passing. Neat you are considering some projects down the line too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you might pick up a paintbrush.

    Chris Bohjalian is one of my favorite authors. I have one on my shelf to read this autumn and just heard he has a new one recently published. I hope you enjoy his style and plots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a room I have been putting off for some time now that needs painted. I have to get busy pretty soon.

      Delete
  4. I love that show too. And I love that you are thinking about going to a craft store. It is always good when creativity starts to come back. Of course, you write so beautifully, but still, I thought that crafts will require different skills; skills that maybe you had not used for a long time. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right Inger....I just need to get out and do it! Writing is my first love however.

      Delete
  5. Paula, I left a note for you over at the blog. Thank you so much for coming by yesterday. I've enjoyed reading here today and am glad to see that you are having better days. Aren't grandchildren wonderful? Sometimes they can cheer us like no one else can! I, too, love words! I continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianna for your kind words. I believe that we should all support each other in our Daybooks. That is what being a community is all about. Isn't it? Yes grandchildren are wonderful....two of mine live with me full time. Double the blessings, most of the time.

      Delete
  6. I cannot wait for you to finish this book so we can talk about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I am intrigued. Although at times I want to tell that girl to get on with her life....for real!

      Delete
  7. Just stopping by from the daybook linkup. Glad you are feeling more hopeful today. continue to lift you in prayer. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Betty -- mundane is sometimes wonderful.
    Hang onto that morsel of hope! Imagine it's a little invisible something sent down with lots of love from your special fella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way to imagine it Myra! Thank you

      Delete
  9. What, no black yoga pants?! :) Glad you are having some good days.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!