Friday, September 19, 2014

Hold On



It is Friday! Well, almost. But it is time to write for five minutes and then link up with Five Minute Friday at Heading Home. I am so glad that Kate Motaung took up the calling to continue this delightful little writing exercise. We write for 5 minutes on the prompt of her choice. Write straight from the heart without over-thinking, editing, or worrying about mistakes or what someone might think of us. And then we go spread our comment love to the others who are linking up. This week the prompt is:

HOLD

This is where I admit that I wrote another post. I hit publish. And then I changed my mind. It is too raw and too painful to share. It was all about how I feel God has let me down. And that might offend too many people. So here...listen to this video. I love the song.








I know this pain

Why do lock yourself up in these chains?

No one can change your life except for you

Don't ever let anyone step all over you

Just open your heart and your mind

Is it really fair to feel this way inside?



[Chorus:]

Some day somebody's gonna make you want to

Turn around and say goodbye

Until then baby are you going to let them

Hold you down and make you cry

Don't you know?

Don't you know things can change

Things'll go your way

If you hold on for one more day

Can you hold on for one more day

Things'll go your way

Hold on for one more day



You could sustain

Or are you comfortable with the pain?

You've got no one to blame for your unhappiness

You got yourself into your own mess

Lettin' your worries pass you by

Don't you think it's worth your time

To change your mind?



[Chorus]



I know that there is pain

But you hold on for one more day and

Break free the chains

Yeah I know that there is pain

But you hold on for one more day and you

Break free, break from the chains



Some day somebody's gonna make you want to

Turn around and say goodbye

Until then baby are you going to let them

Hold you down and make you cry

Don't you know?

Don't you know things can change

Things'll go your way

If you hold on for one more day yeah

If you hold on



Don't you know things can change

Things'll go your way

If you hold on for one more day,

If you hold on

Can you hold on

Hold on baby

Won't you tell me now

Hold on for one more day 'Cause

It's gonna go your way



Don't you know things can change

Things'll go your way

If you hold on for one more day

Can't you change it this time



Make up your mind

Hold on

Hold on

Baby hold on

12 comments:

  1. I understand when there is a point where it feels too personal to share even in your personal blog space. I don't think there is anything you could say about God that would offend or surprise me. You are grieving in a way that I cannot empathize with. I appreciate your honesty about where you are at. It's quite a testimony. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when you stop by...you always lift my spirits

      Delete
  2. Sometimes things that we feel can be a bit too raw and personal to put up in the public sphere. We need to express our feelings, but we're not in a place where it's healthy to risk criticism for speaking honestly. I wish you the best in healing and finding comfort in the faith you follow (but feel lost from at the moment).

    - Melissa
    http://www.measi.net/measiblog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you as you work through this grieving process ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I am the last person to preach to you...so I am going to tell you my Wilson-Phillips story. One night (way past the time a 20-something girl and her best friend should still be out), we were in the parking lot of this very classic 80's rock and roll live music venue. All the cute boys and their very hip, black-leather-clad dates were leaving after seeing a band called Shock-Tu (I think) and T and I knew we should not be driving. So, we walked to the 7-11 across the way (in ridiculous heels), bought giant sodas, got in the car, leaned the seats back for a nap and of course, turned on the radio. We weren't parking-lot sleepers, but we were trying. And this song came on. We both had our eyes closed (trying to sleep, you know!) and we both started singing this pop song at the top of our lungs. Our cover was blown! Everyone suspected we not cool rock and roll chicks - and when the song ended and we saw all our very cool acquaintances standing around our car, with their faces pressed up against our car windows, totally making fun of us....we just kept on singing. I love this song too!!! Every time it comes on - we have to text each other...great song, great memory! Bless you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your story Lisa....I know you won't preach to me. But on FMF there are a few preachy people that I don't want to offend.

      Delete
  5. If we were all honest, even those with strong faith, we would all admit we have times where we feel God has let us down. I've had thoughts myself over the years. I don't think I would have gotten offended. l hadn't heard this song in a long time so it was neat to hear it again :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty. Happy I could provide you with some listening pleasure :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, I haven't heard this song in years. 'So enjoyed Wilson Phillips then ... and now!
    I believe wisdom isn't necessarily confined to prophets or poets - but right there in the lyrics of a well-loved melody. Prayers being sent that your today is a bit nicer.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!