Saturday, September 13, 2014

Frustrating Days

There are so many things that frustrate me. Today I could name a half dozen or so. It was just one of those days. I don't want to be a widow. I don't want to be a single mother. (Whether it is grand-mother or what) I don't want to do it without a partner. I am sick of all of this. Who do I talk to? Who listens? Who do I bounce ideas off? 

My computer is acting crazy. I don't know why. Richard was never very good with computers. Even though all his work during his career years was done on a computer, he didn't know much about them. Only how to design a part and call the IT department if he had a problem. Everything I know about computers I have taught myself. And Richard listened to a lot of bitching and complaining during those times. And his IT guy, from his old job, was available when I couldn't figure it out. And it was good for both when he and Richard got to re-hash 'the good old days.' But he has retired and moved away. And I am stuck with trying to figure all this out. And it pisses me off. Google has been acting like a spoiled 3 year old today. So I took a break from the computer and went out to mow the grass.

Guess what? The lawn tractor stopped running today. I couldn't even steer it back to the garage. It wouldn't budge. I called my friend's husband (which I hate, hate, hate asking for help) and he came over. Verdict? Broken axel and steering mechanism. Not good! Probably need a new mower. Not good. Anyway the kids came home from school and finished the yard with the push mower and hopefully we won't have to mow again this season.

Back to my computer and I'm still having problems. Ran the virus protector. No virus. Clean out the history and all that stuff. And still Google Chrome is being a butt. 

So I'm going to bed! Cry myself to sleep. Feel sorry for me and tomorrow another day.

And have I mentioned how much I hate all this????

19 comments:

  1. OH Paula, I am so sorry you had such a bad day and I hope you had yourself a good cry to release some of that stress. I got a membership to the Geek Squad and I LOVE...they were in my computer last night too, fixing some bugs that I had gotten somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now I have just switched back to using Internet Explorer

      Delete
  2. Nothing sends me over the edge more than computer issues. Since all my work is done on a computer (and all my enjoyable down time too) when things aren't working I want to throw the thing across the room. And calling IT at work? Frustrating. It's hard to explain a problem you don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have threatened to throw mine across the room too

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry it was a bad day! I also hate computer problems because I feel helpless. Either it works like it's supposed to or I'm screwed. I hope today is a better day. Consider getting someone to come mow your lawn if it is needed again this year. You can postpone dealing with the mower. That takes off a little pressure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to postpone the mower issue for this year. And I'll worry about it next year. The kids did it for me.

      Delete
  4. Well... maybe you are just doing too much? Take some of that off your list and just let it go. You need time to mourn. You need time to find out who you are right now. That answer may not come for a very long time, so you just need to live in the moment that has been given to you. Figure out what is more important right now and shove the rest aside. It may build up. So what. It may get you pissed off. So what. I may make you cry. So what. The only person that makes things happen is "you". "You" need some time for "you". Take it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right Katy...but I am not very good at taking time for just myself

      Delete
  5. Man, oh, man I hate days like that! And computer problems send me into a tizzy! I hope you get your computer straightened out soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope today is a better one, Paula. It always seems to be like this; one thing goes and then another at the same time, very frustrating. I'm with you about computers, I don't know much about them; I hope its an easy fix that won't cost a lot of money!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just the browser that is giving me problems. I really like Google Chrome. But lately it has been a mess. So I am just using IE for now.

      Delete
  7. I hate computer problems...they throw me over the edge. I don't understand it and I don't want to lose anything and I don't speak their language...UGH! And I'm sorry about the mower. I think you have to expect one traumatic thing to happen when you are at your most vulnerable. I can't think of one time when I was totally unable to deal with anything that something even more frustrating came in a slammed me upside the head! I'd go find a nice glass of wine and a quiet spot and maybe a funny movie or television show and chill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We cured the computer problem issue. My husband was a programmer his whole working life. And he managed our home computers as well. But over the earlier years of his retirement he lost patience with computer problem and maintenience. I got tired of hearing him swearing over it. I had no interest in learning it. I just wanted something that worked and I didn't have to replace every 3 years.

    We bought an Apple. Yes I know they are more expensive but they are worth every single penny in consistently reliable function and longevity. And the swearing has stopped entirely. :-)

    It takes a little relearning in the beginning because there are a few differences but once you take that leap you will NEVER go back. If I had to lived without an apple computer, I would live without a computer.

    Actually, I sometimes think life would be better generally without a computer but that is another story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many times that I thought life was simpler without a computer. And I wonder 'why do I do this to myself'. But then I wouldn't have all my wonderful blogging friends...so I deal with it

      Delete
  9. I am so so sorry, Paula. I pray that today will be a better day.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In regard to computer issues this week: A CME hit earth and caused many problems with electronics. Yesterday, the 16th, problematic issues hit over great swaths of the US. I too was boggled mindless with my problems online. Ha! I bet the computer "fixers" get/got a slew of work and $$$ at this time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!