Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Celebrating

Today, at our house, was a day of celebration. It was the last day before school starts. After picking the kids up from debate practice we went to Olive Garden (see my friend Lisa how dinner plans just keep changing) and celebrated their last day of summer. It was the first time just the three of us have gone out to dinner together in a very long time. It did feel a bit odd not to have Richard with us, but we talked about him and toasted him and knew that he was with us in spirit.


I had two of these...Italian Margarita


My ravioli

Harley's Fettuccine Alfredo

Darian's shrimp Alfredo

They were having a 'buy one...take one' deal so we each brought home a dinner just like what we ate tonight to have tomorrow night. We also got a free movie rental from Red-box so we rented Identity Thief. I have to admit that it was really, really funny (even though it is R rated for the language and maybe a couple of questionable scenes) and was just what we needed as a family.


20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cute movie, Paula; we'll have to check it out. Sounded like a good idea to go out and eat and welcome in the new school year starting tomorrow. The food looked delicious and I like their special of bringing one home with you!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a cute movie....be prepared for a bit of cursing!

      Delete
  2. Buy one Take one…that’s a good deal! I like the way your family celebrates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good deal...and today we can enjoy it all over again

      Delete
  3. I love Olive Garden. I am so happy that you had a good family night. Identity Thief was hilarious!! I saw a post today on facebook that I am trying to figure out how to share with you. It was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will find you and friend you Wendy...then you can share it with me

      Delete
  4. Certainly sounds like a very nice celebration!! I wish there was an Olive Garden nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have only just gotten ours in the past year

      Delete
  5. Fun outing! Haven't seen identity Thief - now I will :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olive Garden is one of my favorite places! But they don't have one where I live. It's so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours is brand new here. We waited a long time for one to come to our town

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful post this is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inger. It was necessary for us to do. This living a new life is a bit over-whelming at times.

      Delete
  8. Hi Paula - sounds an amazing evening .. with everything slotting into place .. fun, delicious, homely food - a couple of margharitas, extras for tonight's dinner and then the video .. so pleased for the three of you ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your night out made me happy :) You deserve every happiness, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Those margaritas made me happy...LOL

      Delete
  10. Buy one, take one is such a brilliant (and completely necessary) idea! I totally changed meal plans yesterday after watching a food network show while mom napped - had to make the potato casserole and this super-easy dump cake (now THERE's a name!)...both perfect for the chicken I had "PLANNED" thanks to my menu planning inspiration friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet Lisa. I am glad you are menu planning with me.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!