Thursday, September 25, 2014

Because!

Today I join with a group of encouraging and courageous women who write for Five minutes on every Friday to the same one word prompt. The awesome Kate Matoung hosts us each week on her blog Heading Home. If you want to join just head over to her place and join Five Minute Friday. Write from your heart, without over-thinking or editing. And go encourage some of the other ladies in their writing.

This week the prompt is Because:

Go

I get up each morning,
They depend upon me now.
Our hearts are breaking.
Because!
We are what is left.
You are gone.
We must go on.
We lean on each other.
Because!
We miss you intensly
And very immensely.
The center of our life
You were.
Because!
We'll see you again
Of that much I'm sure
The Lord made a promise
Because!

Stop
 

14 comments:

  1. Powerful and beautifully expressed. peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paula.

    Beautiful, loving post. I am so sorry at the passing of your beloved husband. May God keep you close and comfort you. My mother passed at the end of April of this year so I really my heart really goes out to you.

    Thank you for visiting me for this week's FMF.

    ~ Cassandra from Renaissance Women

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beacon of hope and courage you are! - wishing you peaceful sleep and restful dreams as you show the others how to go on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that....but it does help me to go on

      Delete
  4. I loved the last 4 lines simply because they are true :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are right Betty....that is what keeps me going is thinking I will see him again someday

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I hope you have a safe trip home

      Delete
  6. Couldn't find a way to comment on Richard's video. It had me in tears this morning. But happy ones. That was a beautiful tribute to Richard. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa....did you play it from your reader account? Because I had taken it off the blog since I was told it wasn't working....I am so glad you got to see it. It is my go to video and I am so glad you enjoyed it. I have reposted it and hope it works for everyone now.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful promise! Continuing to think of you and keeping you in my prayers. I did see the video and so enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fancy...and I don't know where I would be without you guys

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!